[18]

We had to reorganize the place after the Elle fiasco

We had to reorganize the place after the Elle fiasco. I had to speak to the hotel management with Simone while Marcus, Parker, and Shawn talked to the police and calmed everyone down. The whole ordeal had shaken Mida up so much that she couldn't do any work, and she was hell-bent on making today a success. So two seconds after she'd watched them put Elle into a police car, she returned to her bridal shower, taking her bridal train along with her.

The bachelorette party was going to happen after the bridal shower, according to Mida's plan. So, I was supposed to prepare the ground floor for that. Considering I had Simone and the rest of the decorations team with me, that went splendidly. I finished working before the evening.

"How was your date?" Simone asked. Beside me, she had a lollipop in one hand and a clipboard in the other.

We were seated at the bottom of the stairs, looking at the place we had decorated. A large chocolate fountain stood tall at one corner as the highlight of the equipment.

"It was fine." I shrugged. "We grabbed coffee, argued about nothing, and almost kissed."

Simone pulled her lollipop out of her mouth with a pop sound. "How? I thought you said that didn't happen?"

"It didn't. We were interrupted by an old man across the road."

"Damn." She groaned.

"Then by you the second time."

"Nuh-uh, you mean you were interrupted by Elle," she corrected.

"Yeah, sure," I replied mindlessly.

"I can't believe the two of you almost kissed!" Simone squealed, eyebrows meeting her hairline. "This means progress!"

I bit my lip and stared at the chocolate fountain, thinking about her words.

This was progress. I mean, Parker was ready to take things further. It was all I ever wanted. But there was still uncertainty; the always present "what if."

"I think you should talk to Garth-" she paused, "or Parker-whatever you prefer to call him."

"He's busy."

"Shut up."

I ran a hand through my black hair and exhaled.

The thing was, I had no clue where Parker was. And I didn't want to come off as desperate to him. We all saw what Elle did. I didn't want to be like her.

"What do you want me to do?" I inquired, facing her squarely.

She took her lollipop out of her mouth and smirked. "I want you to find him, talk to him, and probably throw in a make-out session or two." Her voice dropped to a whisper. "I want you to get married and have childr-"

I leaned away sharply; hands held out in front of me.

"Slow down, Simone."

She gave me a stupid look. "What? Isn't that what people in love do?"