[6]

I was on the verge of ripping my ponytail clean off my head

Why? Because I couldn't find my clipboard, the one thing that helped me organize everything.

One second I was holding it; the next, it was gone. It had the lists of all my plans, all the items I'd used for the wedding planning, the guest list, everything! And now it was gone. How was I going to explain this to Mida?

"Calm down, Cam." Simone tried to soothe me, rubbing my back in circles while I hyperventilated. "Maybe you left it in your room."

"I didn't!" I cried out. "I took it off the dresser and walked out of the room. That was when I bumped into Parker and-" I paused as I realized; "it went missing after I crashed into Parker!"

"Um," Simone mumbled, casting me a concerned look like I was losing it. "Do you need wine? Who's Parker?"

I squinted my eyes dangerously at her. "No, I don't, and he's-"

"Garth!" she suddenly exclaimed, watching the aforementioned man materialize before us.

I placed an elbow on the table next to me, rested the side of my head on my fist, and cursed. Park-Garth's gaze fell on my miserable form before him. I was just really exhausted from thinking so much and not ready to deal with the effects of his presence right then, so I sighed.

"What's wrong with her?" He motioned to me.

"She lost her clipboard," Simone exhaled, placing her hands on her hips. "Anyone with two brain cells knows Cam is nothing without her clipboard."

Park-Garth's eyebrows furrowed as he pulled out a clipboard, my clipboard from behind his suit. Before Simone could even gasp, I was already on my feet, eyes wide with alertness.

"Is this the one?"

I lifted my eyes to meet brilliant green ones that knocked all the air out of my lungs. Yet, I was able to nod and collect my clipboard from him when he held it out. His hand went to scratch the back of his neck.

"You dropped it this morning. I was going to give it to you, but you ran away before I could get the chance."

I bit my lip and stared down, feeling slightly guilty and more stupid. "I'm sorry about that."

"You apologize a lot."

"I know, right?"

Simone was the one to offer the last statement. When our attention snapped towards her, she put her hands up in surrender. "I mean no harm. I'm just going to leave the two of you to it because it feels like there's some built-up tension here that I'm not aware of." She turned her glare to me.

I bit down harder on my lip, more guilt consuming me as she retreated. I held my clipboard to my chest like I was hugging a long-lost friend while staring at Parker-fuck it-who was now looking at the ceiling.