You pulled it out, and lo and behold, there was a small container with the key in it. You got excited, but your first thought was just to get in. Yes, it was intruding, but you didn't care at this very moment. 

You tried to be polite as much as possible, and quietly went up to his room. You even knocked, even though you knew he wasn't gonna open it. You just decided to barge in, but gave him a warning.

"I'm coming in, okay?" You said, and after taking a deep breath, you slowly opened the door. "Karma..?" 

You saw him squirming in his bed with the blanket over his head.

"Who is it..?" He said with his scratchy voice. You sighed.

"You caught it from me, didn't you?" You said, but he didn't answer. "Hurry up and answer!" You pulled the blanket off from his bed, and he was curled up in a ball.

"What the hell..." He groaned.

"I told you to be careful around me, and now you caught it." You frowned.

"Then take responsibility and take care of me... It's your fault for catching it in the first place." He said. 

You struggled to get the words out.

"How is it my fault? I told you not to come near me, and you didn't listen!" 

"Alright, alright... Just give me my blanket back..." He said, and you tossed it on his body. "Anyways, how'd you even get in here?"

"I found your key in the potted plant..." You said.

"I see, I see..." He closed his eyes to rest, and you sighed.

"Give me a minute..." You got up and went to the bathroom.

You got your handkerchief out and soaked it with cold water. You squeezed the access water off and brought it back to Karma. You put it on his forehead, hoping it would help. 

You sat down on the edge of his bed, and looked down at him and you felt frustrated over this situation. 

"I'm gonna make you some soup. I'll be back." You said, and you tried getting up from his bed, but he grabbed your wrist.

It caught you off guard, but then there was this sudden pull, and the next thing you knew was that you were laying down next to him with his arms around you.

"K-Karma..?" Again, no answer.

You felt flustered, but his breathing you heard and his heartbeat made you feel slightly calm.

"Why... didn't you say anything?" He asked you after a long silence.

"What do you mean...?" You said.

"Why didn't you ask me if I was alright, instead of scolding me?" He sighed.

He was right. You now felt bad for just yelling at him for being careless, when you really should've asked him if he was feeling alright first. 

Now it was you who didn't have an answer.

"That's... That's because I was mad..." You said, and he sighed once again.

"Whatever..." He said, and he didn't let you go. Instead, he was falling asleep.

You didn't want to move, because you didn't want to wake him up, but at the same time, you had to get up. You were never in a situation like this, and you tried to stay still as much as you could, but the silence and his breathing eventually put you to sleep.

You woke up to crows cawing, and when you rubbed your eyes to see properly, you saw that it was now sunset. You saw an orange sky outside the window, and you quickly checked to see what time it was. It was 5:00 PM. Almost 6.