The Journey Begins

Elizabeth's POV:

"We are gathered here today to say farewell to a great friend" Rapunzel announced "he helped banish evil in  this kingdom and invented things to make it a better place."

I can't believe Varian is leaving today...

"Um, so sorry to interrupt Rapunzel" Varian said "but may i say a few words?"

"Oh, of course!" Rapunzel said.

Eugene elbowed me in the arm.

"I wanted to thank everyone for giving me a second chance..." Varian said.

Eugene and Lance looked kinda upset.

"I spent so long thinking nobody would forgive me... i couldn't be happier to know i was wrong"

"Don't sweat it Goggles, what's past is past, besides, we've always got team awesome" Eugene said.

"And i promise not to touch your stuff" Lance said.

"Varian" Quirin got his attention.

"I want you to take Prometheus with you"

"Oh, your old donkey! Dad you really shouldn't have" Varian laughed awkwardly.

"I know i didn't have to... i wanted to" Quirin said.

I laughed a little but nobody could hear me.

Varian climbed up on Prometheus and Ruddiger jumped on his lap.

"Varian!" I called out.

He looked at me and smiled.

"You left these in your lab" i said loading some of his materials into his bag.

"I'm gonna miss you" i said, starting to cry a little.

Varian held my head up and wiped my tears.

"I'll miss you too" he said giving me a kiss.

"Stay safe...i love you" i said.

"I will, i love you too" he said.

"We'll all miss you son" Quirin said.

"Guys, you're acting like i'm leaving forever, i'll be back" he laughed.

"Good luck on your nerdy adventure, V" Angry said.

"And don't forget to take notes! We wanna hear everything when you get back!" Red said.

"Bye everyone!" Varian said before riding off.

That night

I was staring out my window.

Athena curled up at my feet.

"I'm not gonna lie" i told her "it's only been a few hours and i already miss him, i can't shake the feeling he might get hurt"

Athena whimpered.

"You miss him too?" I asked her.

I sighed before running to my closet.

I changed into an outfit a little more appropriate for going on adventures like this and loaded up a bag with some different materials i had laying around.

I ran out to the stables where i took one of the horses.

I rode off as fast as i could with Athena running next to the horse.

After i while i noticed him in the distance.

"Varian!" I yelled as loud as i could.

I noticed him stop and turn around.

"Ellie?"

"Hi" i said, stopping next to him.

"I thought you were staying back at the castle what are you doing here?" He asked.

"I was worried you might get hurt" i said.

"Ellie you heard what Xavier said! These trials are dangerous! I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you" he said.

"And i couldn't live with myself if something happened to you! So now we're even!" I said "i'm coming with you, try all you want but you're not getting me to turn around!"

He sighed "fine..."

"Great! Where are we going first!?" I asked.

"First stop? The fire kingdom!" Varian said.

"I know where that is! Follow me!" I said riding off ahead of him but not to where he couldn't keep up.

"Hey! Wait for me!" He laughed.