46.

"It's like you're my mirror; my mirror staring back at me."

Dani's POV

"No, mom, Harry doesn't know yet," I sighed frustrated, closing my eyes as I leaned against the wall of the hotel room, looking out onto the marvelous view from the window. I'd been telling my mom about my job change for the past hour, and all she's been mentioning was the fact that I was with the Harry Styles. It bothered me that she couldn't see him in the way that I did, that his fame and name masked who he really was.

Harry left earlier, around 7 am, leaving a note that said Dinner tonight, put on something tight. So maybe we can do something after...like play chess...chess sounds good. Miss you. See you soon. Chess, yeah? - H xx

I found myself giggling at how he always managed to sound ridiculously cute and even sexy when writing silly notes like these. But I kept those notes, each and every one of them. I had ones from when he'd simply make breakfast; to ones he'd send me to change, to ones with his witty jokes. I'd cherish those for as long as I could, surely, I would.

"Well, darling, you should absolutely tell him. Don't leave him, he seems to be a good one, I want to meet him!"

"Of course I'm gonna tell him mom, I just...don't know how to."

"Well when do you leave? Oh, I wish we got to see you before you left honey!"

"I leave Monday mom, I leave Monday," I said, shaking my head as realization hit that I only had three days left.

"There has to be no secrets, Dani. Tell him, now! He deserves to know, it seems like he really cares about you,"

I knew she was right. As much as I wanted to deny the fact that Harry only thought I was a temporary part of his life, he's proven to me that's not the case. And I'm afraid I've realized this a little too late.

Before I could reply, my mom spoke, leaving me nothing but disappointed that I couldn't fully rely on her for something, again.

"Hon- your dad's on the other line, I got to go. Tell Harry I said hi! Take care of yourself, you've always made the right choices, I have faith in you. Love you darling,"

"Love yo-," and the line went dead. Just like that.

Much to my satisfaction, though, my one and only lover sent me a message.

From: Harry
Meetings killllll. Shouldn't you be here? We're both very angry with you.

To: Harry
We?

From: Harry
My little friend and I. Don't be so ignorant, breakin' my heart.

To: Harry
Focus. Now. I'll see you tonight. Meet you...where?

From: Harry
The Thurman café, 6 ish? Chess after...maybe.

To: Harry
Kay. See you then

From: Harry
See you. Miss you. Wish I could kiss you. I hate meetings. Okay. Bye. All my love baby girl x

I bit my lip, locking my phone and casually throwing it onto the bed. I kneeled down beside my luggage, looking for my body fitting black dress that I've yet to wear. I already knew of the smirk that was going to be plastered on his face, the smirk on the man I've grown to love with everything in me, everything possible. Everything about Harry made me shiver in places I'd never imagined, I fell in love with the utmost famous band member, the one every teenage girl (and grown women) had eyes for. Something about Harry Styles, I can't put my finger on it. But I also can't leave him without him knowing how much I appreciate and value him.

I felt a droplet of water roll down my cheek, wiping it away before realizing I was full on falling apart at the mere thought of being without Harry. I had to tell him, soon, the guilt and heavy feeling in my chest would eat me alive. No one as loving and innocent as Harry deserved to have something like this hidden from them, but how would I tell him I was leaving him for three months?

----------

"Get over here," his arms were spread out, waiting to wrap around my frame as he turned his body. I quickly embraced him, my back hunched as his arms were protectively on my waist. His hands traced over to the hem of my dress, feeling the material before letting go.

"You look beautiful," he said as he stood up, hands still on my waist as he moved to pull my chair back.

"Thank you," I said, fully seated as he easily tucked the chair closer to the table.

He sat down and smiled at me, his smile melting every ounce of me. His tousled curls were adorned with a beige fedora that rested perfectly on his head, with his usual black apparel. I admired his tattoo his sole Things I Can't tattoo that was etched onto his right forearm. The delicacy and thought process of it all bewildering me to no end.

"Do you mind?" I asked, pulling my phone out and quickly opening the camera app.

"'Course not baby," he smirked, setting his arms on the table as I snapped a picture of him. Too sexy, too handsome.

"Perfect,"

"You gonna post it?" He asked as he took one of my hands, interlocking our fingers before resting his other hand overtop of our hands.

"Should I?"

"If you wanna, wouldn't mind my girlfriend posting a picture of me, you know."

"Right," I giggled, "filter options."

"Valencia!" He said with a grin on his face.

"Why that one?" I giggled, switching through the different options before finally landing on the slightly purple and orange tinged selection.

"Dunno, sounds cool."

"Idiot," I replied, snickering before quickly typing a caption and posting the picture.

Before I could even tell him about the post, my feed began to blow up with likes and follows and cute- some inappropriate comments about their "sunshine."

"Posted it," I smiled at him,

"Ahhh," he said, smiling down at his phone once the picture loaded.

"My handsome date," he mocked, reading my caption out loud.

"Don't make me delete it," I warned.

"Wouldn't dream of it, love."

Author's Note
What do you think? Please vote and comment, this book is ending in a few chapters! - Deb x