25

chatting to freya, we stumble down the street after the few drinks already consumed before going to play mini golf. we all decided, last minute, to do something tonight so we thought best choice was getting drunk and going to mini golf. however, initially i refused, because as much as i want simon and i to get along with one another in front of everyone, i don't even know how to. but freya practically begged on her knee's on facetime, telling me how she would be the only girl and that simon and i 'need to learn to get along'. oh, if only you knew frey.

practically falling through the entrance of the mini golf place, freya and i instantly fall very giggly, causing the boys around us to furrow their eyebrows and smirk. getting onto the course, i sway on the spot unable to hold my own balance and hoping that this game will sober me up slightly. i spot simon looking down at me every so often, or gazing at me when it's my go which completely distracts me. though we're not necessarily making conversation, we're not arguing either like we usually would be and the atmosphere doesn't feel tense.

"what's going on with you guys?" ethan nudges me, whispering and my focus on simon fades away, not knowing how long i've been stood staring at him for.

"what do you mean?" i question.

"you know exactly what i mean, ede." he cocks his head with raised eyebrows, "did you tell him you like him?"

"i don't like him." i grumble, not being able to admit it to anyone else.

"okay, keep telling yourself that." she scoffs, shaking his head, "but if you keep staring at him the way you're doing, people are gonna click."

"shut up." i shake my head, "fine." i huff, "i told him."

"what you talking about?" simon towers over me, raising his eyebrows.

"nothing." i shake my head, clearing my throat, "nothing interesting anyways." i shrug my shoulders, gazing up at him. i soon realise it's my go, simon holding his stare which burns into me and i instantly tense up. i hit the ball around 7 times before getting it into the hole whereas it took everyone else only 3 or 4 tries. throwing my head down in disappointment, i walk back over to everyone else as simon shakes his head at me.

"you're so bad."

"shut up." i smirk up at him, softly punching his arm, "i'm not usually this bad."

"am i distracting you?" he leans down, whispering in my ear.

"fuck off." taking a deep breath in, i attempt to remain my focus on everyone else, not wanting to give in to him as goosebumps surround my body, his warm breath hitting the side of my neck which causes my hairs to stand on end.

the game finally came to an end and by no surprise i came last, my hand eye coordination completely off the entire game and clearly thinking that having a few drinks beforehand would be in my favour, when it clearly was not. freya and i walk with linked arms towards another bar, the game of mini golf sobering me up and only leading me to crave more alcohol in my system. "you and simon seem to be getting along well today." she grins at me.

"yeah," i turn back, glancing at him walking with josh and chatting to him, "yeah i guess so." softly smiling, i shrug my shoulders and turn to face her again.

"well, that's a good thing isn't it?" she raises her eyebrows.

"yeah, i'm sure it is for all you guys." i nod.

"i don't understand why he never liked you in the first place," she furrows her eyebrows, "it's very strange." she sighs. withholding all this information about simon and i from one of my best friends has been tough, the many times i've wanted to talk to someone about it, but can't bring myself to explain everything when it all came out of nowhere.