pain

Konohagakure was never this serene, yet at this moment, it was. The sky was bright, the sun was beaming and the birds flapped their wings above. Under the hot sun, Sasuke stood with his hand in front of him, observing. He was feeling a sharp pain shot through his left pinky finger. The Sharingan-possessor paid such trivial information no mind. Right now, he wanted to enjoy his first time outside after a few months being a shut-in in a land that was supposed to be his home.

He was baffled at the again sudden eruption of discomfort. Bringing his pinky finger toward his face to examine the pain he felt, his eyes squinted at it.

Because he saw a red string tightly tied to it. No, it was not because of the tight tie of the string or anything like that, but he himself was wondering what caused the pain. He couldn't quite describe the pain.

Oh, he heard about the red strings countless times. People of Konoha loved to talk about this particular topic. It was treated as something special meaning, a budding to a greater love. As much as it's unwanted, he got one. He was always skeptical that this kind of thing exists or even works. But as he saw the red thin strings with its end disappear into nothingness, he started to feel the heavy weight of it.

He heard that people said the string ended with your soulmate's pinky finger linked to it. Its end becomes invisible if your soulmate are far away from you. But he was not sure about the pain. The prick he felt annoyed him.

What the hell caused this pain?

He huffed in annoyance. He certainly and absolutely didn't need this kind of disturbance to his now-monotonous life that he was comfortable with. He couldn't care less about who might be at the other end of their red string. He knew he would resent whoever they are and if needed, he would do what was necessary for a battle-scarred heart like him.

The strings were told to only be visible to oneself and their partner, thus it will be visible to others' eyes when one had made connection through emotional attached physical contact with their significant other. Bunch of bullshit, he'd say.

So now, he was unsure what to do with the new information he just received.

Right. He was going to meet up with Naruto anyway. That guy had been pestering him to come out of his comfort place and he turned down every single offer except until he can't. Expected from that Naruto, persistence at his best.

His sharp eyes zoomed in on someone walking like a dead person, he could see Naruto was hell bound tired from his training to become the next Hokage, he stumbled with every stride as he was walking toward Uchiha's training ground.

"Oi, Sasuke!" Naruto greeted Sasuke. His energy suddenly bursted seeping toward Sasuke as he nodded before saying, "I'm hungry."

Uchiha Sasuke's words were never unnecessarily long.

Sasuke and Naruto, their friendship was interestingly weird, but surprisingly working, though with so much hardships and conflict of principles throughout the period of time they knew each other. To think that the likelihood of two different personalities such as them could smear together, ridiculous. People who didn't know what they went through would lose their mind trying to comprehend. But hey, cue the next scene.

"Ichiraku Ramen!" Naruto exclaimed and Sasuke rolled his eyes. But he was too unbothered to object.

They walked together. It was silent, but Naruto didn't notice, as his focus was nowhere to be found. He felt Naruto was acting a bit edgy.

"Oi, something's wrong?" Sasuke glanced at his best friend. He was sure he didn't deserve to call him that, but Naruto forgave him for their past easily, he can't afford to hurt Naruto's feelings again.

"What do you mean? I'm perfectly fine-ttebayo!" Naruto grinned, his tiny-edged fangs visible to the world. He was a jinchuriki, able to tame a wild demon-fox, Kurama. You could not see the fangs, but if you were too close to Naruto, you could see the sharp teeths. A feature befitting for the Kyuubi's vessel.

"No you're not. You walked differently. You usually walk like a gorilla." Sasuke deadpanned.

Being quiet requires you to notice more. Being loud requires you to ignore more.

Naruto grunted. Sasuke noticed everything and nothing at the same time.

"Just Hokage training stuff," He rubbed the back of his head while grinning. He hoped his goofiness worked.

Sasuke looked forward and stayed silent. Sasuke learnt that mouths could speak lies, so easy but your body languages never could. People made mistakes when they lied, that they ignored the very important card that their bodies could speak. You could lie, but your body languange gave you away. Just like what Naruto was miserably doing.

Naruto winced when his pinky finger throbbed again. The raven saw that, but didn't press on it. The blonde guy had a choice to not tell, and Uchiha Sasuke was never the one to pry for something first. He was a simple man.

Give me love like her, 'cause lately I've been waking up alone,

Love me, love me,
Give me love, give me love.

-

Hello, it's me lol hi?? Anywy
It's below 1000 words writing challenge
By me. Yeah. So all these chapters will not be long because I say so. Short chapters means more chapters!!! YAYYY!!?!? Also I'll be adding few random lyrics to almost each chapter if I set it fits.

Let me tell you I've had this in draft for over a year now and I still didn't finish watching the show lmao fuckcjd me but let's see how this goes

And no bcs if you dislike this ship why are u even here lol

29/10/21

with love,
B.