𝙸𝚅. 𝚊𝚋𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎

Start from the beginning

Narcissa shook her head, using her palms to hide her face. Violetta sighed and closed the distance between the two Malfoy women and wrapped her arms around her mother's slender figure.

"Don't you ever scare me like that Violetta Narcissa Malfoy," Narcissa sighed out of relief and wrapped her arms around her daughter. "You had me worried sick."

"I didn't mean to," Violetta said, lifting her chin up so she could meet her mother's eyes.

Narcissa just nodded with a smile and placed a kiss on Violetta's temple. The daughter eventually let go of her mother and the older woman wiped her fresh tears of relief.

"I should lock you in your room," Narcissa chuckled tearfully, making Violetta roll her eyes. "You can never disappear like that again."

"There's no need for drama, mama. I'm fine, I just got surprised, that's all."

The moment was interrupted when two pairs of running footsteps approached them. Regulus and Draco ran from their rooms to their missing sister. The boys stopped by the doorway, trying to look as cool as they could but they ― just like their parents ― have been worried sick about their sister.

Violetta turned to her brothers and gave them a smirk. "Were you boys worried about me?" She teased them.

"No, we were worried for mother and father," Draco argued. "I swear mother had a heart attack,"

"And father had a stroke," Regulus continued his brother's words.

"Sure thing," Violetta said but she could clearly see that her twin brother had been worried sick about her.

Normally, she would tease her brothers about this but not this time. She has given them enough headaches for the day. Instead, she walked to her parents and pecked their cheeks.

"I think I'll head to bed, it is midnight after all," she informed them but Narcissa stopped her by placing her hand on her shoulder. "Mama please, I'm rather tired," she groaned, arching her brow.

Narcissa merely shook her head and placed a soft kiss on top of Violetta's head. "

Go on then," she said, unsure should she leave the girl out of her sight.

Violetta nodded, leaving the room and her slightly confused family behind. She dragged her tired body up the many stairs and finally managed to reach her room. Once she was in her dark grey colored room, she closed the door and walked over to her bed and crashed on it. She has never been this tired. Her body was exhausted. She didn't realize this before but maybe it was the adrenaline that kept her so awake but now that she was safely at home and the adrenaline was gone, she was exhausted.

Yet, she changed her clothes and washed her face before heading to sleep. Violetta pulled out her comforter and placed herself on her mattress, her head on her silk pillow and pulled her duvet over her tired and still slightly shocked body. But even being this tired, she couldn't fall asleep. She could hear her parents talking something downstairs, and unlike every conversation they have, this one sounded more argumentative. There were loud hissing and heavy sighs, and Violetta turned on her side, facing one of her three huge windows.

She closed her eyes, trying so hard to fall asleep but nothing seemed to work. Then, she tried to occupy her mind with some random things just so that she would eventually fall asleep. She thought about her last year at Hogwarts, what it will be like. The Triwizard Tournament and her graduation.

Coming of age was exciting but it was also very nerve wrecking. While her parents have never pressured her to think of marriage, she knew that was just around the corner. It was her duty as a pureblood daughter and she couldn't possibly embarrass her family by ending up as an old maid ― Druella's words, not hers.