13 - model citizen

The next few questions were simple. Didn't have to think about them too much, which I was thankful for because I was still processing it what Hawks told me about his life. It broke my heart, and it continued to break my heart, knowing what he went through as a child. Not being able to get the love that he deserved. The love that he wanted.

"Favourite colour? Mine is gold."

"Really? I thought it would be red, cause of your wings." Hawks shook his head enthusiastically, making me stifle a laugh. Cute. "Mine is [insert fave colour here]. How fast can you go?"

Hawks smirked at my question. "Wow, songbird. Didn't know you were inter..." He immediately cut his sentence off when smacked his arm, making him laugh. "Kidding. According to a fan, it's about 375 kilometers per hour, but I'm pretty sure that isn't my top speed."

I was shocked was by that. "Uhh," I tried to wrap my head around what he said, and tried to imagine him going that fast, but I just couldn't. "Now your catchphrase makes sense."

He laughed. "Man, wish I could change it, but I'm stuck with it. What's your worst injury?"

"Huh," I thought about it for a moment, "I've been stabbed once or twice. Or was it three times? I think I got poisoned once by someone's quirk, but that memory is still foggy. Does that count?"

Hawks blinked a couple of times and had an incredulous expression. "Yes! I think that counts! What's with you and being so carefree about shit like that?"

"Is that one of your ten questions?"

"I...sure, I guess?" Hawks shook his head.

I puffed up my cheeks then let the air go. "I guess I kinda got numb, or at least, used to it since my mom would always get hurt. And then I joined the hero course and got assigned to a teacher that, well, went plus ultra when it came to training. So, yeah."

There's also that special reason thanks to him, but let's not bring that bad memory up right now. And Hawks doesn't need to know about him.

"My worst injury is my heart getting broken," Hawks said as he clutched his chest, "it still hurts thinking about it."

I looked at him, trying to see if he was being serious or not. One thing that I learned about Hawks in the past two weeks is the fact that I can never tell when he's lying, let alone, when he's being serious. And I hated that.

"As for my question," Hawks caught my attention, "how can someone win your heart?"

"I'm not going to..."

He waved a finger at me. "Nah uh uh. You gotta answer, chickadee. That's part of the game."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. Whatever. [Insert ways to win ur heart here]." (a/n: tbh i'm really curious to know what u said here)

"Interesting," was all he said while nodding his head. I knew that he was plotting something, but I just didn't want to know right now.

"If you weren't a hero," I said, wanting to move on in the game, not even caring to know his answer to his own question, "what would you be?"

"A model," Hawks opened the building door for me, letting me go in first, "why do you think I do it on my days off?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Just thought that it would satisfy your need and want for attention."

We walked to the elevator and waited until it came down.

"What about you, chickadee?"

"Probably work at my dad's plant nursery," I shrugged my shoulders, "or a/an [insert a job that u want]."