4 - did not mean that to happen

My heart skipped a beat and I can feel my face getting hot. There is no doubt in my mind that I was blushing, and by the looks of it, Hawks enjoyed the affect that him and his words had on me. I hated it. I hated it so much, but I couldn't help but also get a bit, I guess, giddy. Oh man. I really need to get away from him. His grip around my waist tighten and I could hear him breathing next to my ear. My hands were gripping onto his shirt and the harder I gripped, the tighter he hugged me. Hawks chuckled near my ear, making me shiver in response. Without me realising, I activated my flower spore and in an instant, Hawks became limp in my arms.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I tried to hold him up, but Hawks was heavier that I expected. His wings were drooping onto the floor and his head was resting against my shoulder, making it hurt. Come on, bird brain. Your head can't be that heavy. As the seconds went by, Hawks just got heavier and heavier in my arms. There was no use in waking him up since he won't be waking up until thirty minutes have passed. My arms were starting to get tired and my legs were giving up on me.

Should...should I leave him here?

/ / / / /

I could see my small apartment in view and I never ran faster in my entire life before. Hawks would be awake in five minutes and I do not want to be in public just in case he decides to find me. Can't believe I just left him back there, sleeping against the bricked wall. But it's not like I could have dragged him anywhere. I'm not that strong. Besides, Hawks is a Pro Hero. No one will dare to mess with a hero, right?

Right.

Stop worrying, Y/N. He's fine. There's nothing to worry about.

With one last push of energy, I made my way up the stairs of my apartment complex and quickly unlocked my door, slamming it shut behind me. My poor baby cat, Mochi, got startled, but it didn't faze her any longer. She got up from my bed and made her way towards me. I picked Mochi up and held her against my chest and scratching behind her ear. I looked down at the my watch. Good. I made it home, with one minute to spare. I took a deep breath and let out a heavy sigh, repeating the motions and trying to ease my rapidly beating heart. After my heart settled down, I sat Mochi down on the floor and I dragged my tired body to the bathroom. I turned on the light and I caught a look of myself in the mirror. There was soot on my face, not a lot, but still. My hair was a mess and the ribbons around my flowers were starting to come loose. I went to go turn on the water in the bathtub, wanting to just soak in a bubble bath and forget about today.

/ / / / /

It was already 12pm and my stomach kept on growling. Luckily, I didn't have hero duties today, so I just came to my agency in civilian attire. Aimi, my beautiful and neurotic secretary, was bugging about me coming to work in normal clothes. Even though I didn't have to worry about hero duties, I still had to do the paperwork aspect of my job. I looked down at the scattered mess on my desk and groaned. I've been working on this report for the past three hours and I've completed nothing.

My mind hasn't been able to think straight ever since that fucking day. Two weeks passed by and I haven't heard anything from Mr. Winged Hero, and I absolutely hated myself for wishing that he would have kept bothering me. I sighed and opened my top desk drawer. I picked up the red feather that was inside and held it from its stem. Didn't know that one of Hawk's feather was on me until I was doing my laundry. It fell from my clothes as I loaded up the washing machine. Even though I had to wrestle with Mochi to get the feather back from her, it was still in perfect condition. I gently ran my fingers over its edge as I remembered those stupidly beautiful golden eyes.