12 - story time

a/n: there are manga spoilers in this chapter. it's nothing big tho so no worries. it's just mainly spoilers about hawks' background. i'll add an emoji indicator before the spoilers, just in case u wanna skip the section. that's all ✌︎︎
•─────────•°•❀•°•─────────•

It's been two weeks since our agreement, and like I promised Fat Gum, me and Hawks have been spending basically everyday together. And it was starting to wear me down. The problem wasn't so much Hawks, but his popularity. Wherever we went, a group of fans would always show up, and if it wasn't the fans it would be the media. They would interview Hawks after every job, and when they started to notice that I was around Hawks, they would try to interview me too. Thankfully, Hawks realised that I hated the attention and would keep them busy while I tried to leave. But that didn't stop them.

Last week, a magazine published multiple photos of us and were hinting at us being in a secret relationship. When I took the magazine and showed it to Hawks, he wasn't bothered by it and kept teasing me about it throughout the day, which resulted in me 'accidentally' hitting him with my quirk. That night, when I was finally getting myself comfortable in my apartment, I finally checked my phone and saw all the missed calls and texts that I had. All of them were asking me if the rumours were true, which I quickly denied and had to explain the situation to them.

Unbeknownst to me, Hawks went to talk to the magazine publishers and asked him to create a new issue, stating that the secret relationship that they talked about was fake. They did just that. When I asked him about it, and how he convinced them to change their mind, Hawks just winked at me and said that I was better off not knowing. I thanked him and treated him to lunch that day, which he greatly took advantage of.

It was now our first, real day off. And because of the stupid agreement, I had to spend the day with Hawks, which I didn't want to do. I just wanted to spend the day in my apartment, with Mochi, and catch up on my tv shows. Hawks texted me, saying to meet him at this little unknown café, and before I could even ask where it was, he sent me the directions to it. By now, Hawks has realised that I am terrible at directions.

"Would you like anything else, miss?"

I looked up at the waiter and nodded. "Could I get a refill, please? And a [insert your favourite pastry]?"

The waiter nodded his head and went back to the counter. I sipped the last of my drink and started to scroll through Instagram, liking the posts that my friends uploaded. And then I saw the post that Hawks uploaded not even a minute ago. It was a picture of us, during one of our night watches a few days ago, and it had a cheeky caption. What made it so much fucking worse is that the bird brain tagged me in it. My Instagram notifications started to get filled up with follow requests since I had my profile on private.

I'm going to kill him. I'm going to be in the news for killing one of Japan's top heroes. And I am perfectly okay with that.

"Heyo~" Hawks chimed as he entered the café, surprising the one other customers and the waiter. When he saw me, his smile quickly dropped. "Y/N, baby bird, are you okay? Did something bad happened? Are you hurt?"

I held up my phone and showed him my notifications and said in a low voice, "what the fuck, Hawks?"

He leaned forward and looked at my phone screen and when he realised what he was looking at, he laughed. "Is that why you're upset, chickadee?"

"Oh, no. Not at all. Just don't really like the chilling weather," the sarcasm was strong.

"In that case," Hawks sat next to me and wrapped is arm around my waist, pulling me closer to his side, "I'll keep you warm, baby bird."