8 - good afternoon, sleepyhead

Something heavy and warm crawled onto my chest. When I raised my head to check what it was, I felt a lick on my hand.

"Hello to you too, Mochi." She purred as she snuggled closer to my chest. "Do you know what time is it?" She meowed in response.

I sat up, fixing Mochi so she'll lay perfectly on my lap. I looked around my apartment, and when I realised I was alone, I sighed softly. Why was I hoping that he would have stayed? Hmm? Something called my eye. There was note taped on the table.

ʜɪ sʟᴇᴇᴘʏʜᴇᴀᴅ. sᴏʀʀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴄᴜᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴏᴜʀ ᴅᴀᴛᴇ sʜᴏʀᴛ. ʜᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ɢᴏ ᴛᴏ ᴀɴ ᴇᴍᴇʀɢᴇɴᴄʏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢ. ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ʜᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ɪs, ʙᴜᴛ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴡᴏʀʀʏ, ɪ'ʟʟ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴜᴘ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴄʜɪᴄᴋᴀᴅᴇᴇ.
-ʜᴀᴡᴋs

The letter was written in all caps and the end of it, there was a small doodle of him holding up a thumbs up. I giggled at the cute drawing and rolled my eyes. Oh, Hawks. Leave it to you to make good bye letters be all cute. The sun was going down and I went out to the balcony, trying to get the final sunlight of the day. My phone was chiming in my pocket. It was a FaceTime call from my dad. (a/n: gonna italicise ur dad's quotes cause he's on FT, not in person) 

"Hi petal."

"Hi dad." It was really good to hear his voice. And to see him. Then guilt washed over me when I realised that I haven't called him in weeks now.

"Soooooooo."

"So?" Dad laughed while I heard sizzling in the background. "Dad, are you making the house plants hold your phone while you're cooking?"

He nodded. "Why else was I given this quirk?" I giggled softly and shook my head. "Anyway, my judgy daughter, how's the hero duties?"

I puffed out my cheeks and blew out the air. "They're okay. I've been on one mission so far, but other than that, it's just small hero duties. The paper work sucks though."

"That's what your mom always complained about," he turned around to get something from the counter then turned back around. "She would always wait until the last minute to do it."

Dad and I are the ones who are the most comfortable talking about mom. B/N [brother's name] is the one that still has trouble talking about her. I couldn't blame him though. He was only twelve and didn't like the idea of mom being a hero. He was proud of her, don't get me wrong, but he just didn't want to see her getting hurt. When B/N found out that I was going to U.A. and was accepted into the hero course, he tried to convince me to switch out of it. And when I became a Pro Hero, he was mad at me and we didn't talk for a couple of weeks. Even though he was so against of me being a hero, B/N still applied and got accepted into the hero course at U.A. But I didn't hear that from him. I heard it from dad.

"How's B/N?"

Dad sighed and gave me that smile. The one where shows that he's worried, but doesn't want to pry. "He's okay. Sprout is doing amazing at school. One of the top students, but he doesn't talk about anything else."

"He doesn't talk about friends?"

In a second, dad perked up. "Actually, he has! He got really close to two boys in his class. I've met them and I think they're amazing students. And will be amazing heroes. All three of them."

"Are you talking to Y/N?"

Dad moved out of view. B/N was standing behind the island counter, wearing his uniform and backpack. When he saw me in the phone, he walked up to it.