chapter twelve

it was clear that only taehyung was surprised by the size of the showcase event. despite his few little shoots here and there and his general involvement in high society, he'd never attended anything that could signify as a launch party, especially not one of this magnitude.

in the same studio space where the shoot had taken place now stood life sized and beyond photos of him and other models wearing the clothes. merch decorated every corner, free for all to grab. waiters with plates of sushi and tiny cups of dramatic desserts made rounds and two makeshift bars that were adorned with mixologists who threw bottles about, were absolutely packed to the brim with guests.

the man of the hour seemed to be in his element, mingling, vibing to the music overhead. nobody was sure if hobi even knew everyone here but he sure as hell acted like he did.

"tae! babe!" the male skipped over to the younger, both hands cupping his cheeks, "the pictures are gorgeous! you're incredible."

hobi smelled like patchouli and marijuana, the drink in his hand a questionable shade of blue as he stumbled over his compliments, "you guys must eat, drink, celebrate. and tae, babe, mingle!" his finger pointed at a group of people, "especially those guys. they want you to model for them but you didn't hear it from me, okay, shhh."

jimin nudged taehyung's side, a delighted smile, "did you hear that? another job!"

"i heard; i'm shocked." tae had never felt like he could make it without the financial assistance of his father and the (very small) amount of work he did for him.

"don't be! you deserve it." the two laced their fingers together before strolling through to the bar.

before any conversations could be had, they were desperate for a drink.

"where is yoongi?" tae pointed to a print-out menu, indicating he wanted whatever hobi's signature drink was.

"he's running late but he'll be here! have you seen jungkook?"

tae shook his head, "haven't really looked for him though."

"have you two talked?"

"about?"

"the car sex."

taehyung blushed, attempting to hide his embarrassment, "no i haven't talked to him about it. i'm sure he's just been busy! and i've been busy."

"i forgot. you're semi famous now!" jimin playfully traced a finger down his arm, "let's do a round of shots and then go talk to those guys hobi pointed out." he nudged the bartender to fill up two tiny glasses, sliding one to his best friend who take it graciously.

taehyung let his eyes scan the crowd with sober eyes once more. he noted everything, took it in, the way people were so trendy and involved in conversation he couldn't imagine. he clinked his glass with jimin and threw back whatever cinnamon whiskey the blonde was turned on by this month.

"thank you!" jimin laid down a handful of bills on the bar, a generous tip which he knew would land him a top spot in line for the rest of the night, "oh! yoongi is here." this tiny finger pointed through a mound of people, a familiar man with mint hair at the front door.

next to him was another recognizable face. jungkook adorned in all black, the only contrast was lia on his arm who opted for something pale pink and thin. both seemed to notice the way she stared at him with lust in her eyes, her hand gripped to his bicep like if she let go she'd fall into a black hole.

maybe the same one tae had just fallen into.

he felt the whiskey rise back up through his throat at the sight; he brushed it back with a bit of the cocktail. it had lemonade and lavender, a rosemary sprig. surprisingly refreshing considering hobi was far more boisterous than that.