𝟐𝟕 || (𝐀𝐥𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭) 𝐉𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬

Start from the beginning

We both hugged Addison saying goodbye, for now, heading for the elevator in awkward silence.

I've never been alone with Peter until now and it's super awkward. I'm not a person who is quiet and shy even with random strangers, but I don't know what to say because my mind was still clouded by their conversation with Addison.

"What are you going to do tonight?" He asked out of nowhere as we went to my office after we got off the elevator. "Do you have any plans?"

I looked at him confusedly with wrinkled eyebrows. "I'll probably spend time with Emma, nothing special." I shrugged casually. I do this almost every night after work with Ava.

"Do you want to go to the movies or do something?" he asked timidly, and I immediately looked at him, seeing his cheeks turn red. "W-we will invite Addison, too" he suggested, a little unsure that I could refuse if it was just me and him.

"Well.." I replied, my voice too uninterested. "Sounds like a plan" I nodded, looking at him. His face visibly relaxed, that I didn't say no.

"Cool" he smiled, stopping in front of my office, facing me. Too close to me. "I'll text you the details" I just nodded.

He hugged me, maybe a little longer than usual. He held me close to him, his arms wrapped around my waist. This is not a friendly hug.

And just then I heard a cough behind us, forcing both of us to pull away from each other and look at the person who interrupted us.

Alexander stood there in all his glory, staring coldly at us, his face slightly frowning with his hands tucked in the pockets of his pants. His presence is dominant, making a man like Peter look like nothing in front of him.

Peter pulled far away from me, scratching his neck awkwardly while Alexander is glaring at him, his hazel eyes already lost their color and are now deep black.

"Sir" he nodded, looking down at the ground, avoiding his gaze "I'll see you later, Amera" he murmured before walking around Alexander and heading to the other end of the corridor as he entered his office.

Alexander then turned his full attention to me, looking no less angry as he studied my face.

God, help me.

"In your office. Now ''

I nodded, entering my office with trembling legs, feeling his presence behind me, and then I heard the door close and lock...

I turned slowly, meeting his eyes, my whole body shivers from the way his cold eyes are staring at me let me tell you, it's not in a good way.

"Can you stop looking at me like that?" I snapped, rolling my eyes. I don't ' even know from where I get the strength to even talk. "It's annoying."

He looked me up and down, paying special attention to the way the skirt is hugging my legs, making me blush immediately. Then he looked up meeting my eyes while leaning against the wall with crossed arms in front of his chest causing his muscles to flex even under his tight suit.

"Why? You angry that I interrupted your little flirty moment with Peter?" He hissed at me, spelling Peter's name like it's something the leaves a bad taste in his mouth, his voice hoarse and deeper than ever.

"I'm not in the mood for your bullshits" I replied, crossing my arms over my chest too, and Alexander immediately looked down, his eyes getting even darker. "Peter is just a friend."