Science Fiction Winners

I'm terribly sorry for the delay but the results are now in for our Science Fiction contestants, all thanks to the judging done by BJBrijmohan.

Here are the top 3 winners for Science Fiction:

First Place

Synchronicity by AletheaLynn

Score

85/85

Story Description

Some called them aliens, others called them monsters.

But I saw them for what they were; beautiful, otherworldly creatures with the power to annihilate humankind in its entirety.

That's part of the problem, isn't it? Beautiful things tend to be the most poisonous.

I would know. I'm the one staring them in the face.

A war waged.

Blood spilled.

Billions dead and humanity as we know it, gone.

And in the midst of it all, an unlikely bond between enemies.

This is a story of love and betrayal, corruption and reconciliation, the bridge between war and peace.

Riley was thirteen when they arrived, bringing an awful plague that had nearly wiped out the human race. Once the Change occurred, the world had suddenly become infinitely more dangerous. Trust was nonexistent. Safety was unattainable. Without government enforcement, rules and laws shattered, and nothing kept people from slaughtering each other, stealing whatever they could get their hands on, and raising hell for anyone else they came across. But as the plague swept over the planet and wiped nearly everyone out, humans slowly became the lesser of threats.

But always, above all other dangers, were the aliens.

Second Place

I Dreamed I Was a Butterfly by mattHshine

Score

83/85

Story Description

A young soldier on his first mission to investigate reports of a secret weapon being developed by rebel combatants begins to question if he's fighting for the right side.

Third Place

Star Haven by Rookieoftheyear2

Score

78/85

Story Description

Earth is dead.

No one has seen the surface in five years. Earth died at the hands of pollution, corruption, and nuclear war; humanity has survived in bunkers far below Earth's radioactive surface. Now, with the bunker systems failing, humanity needs to find a way to survive. Five of the world's greatest minds left are being sent on a dangerous mission: find a way to survive on the surface or watch the human race die.

Josephine was a biomedical Engineer before the world ended, but will her past impede her mission? Atlas fought his way onto the research team, and no one knows why he is there. Orion journeyed to the surface for the girl he loves, but will she ever forgive him? Jade and Sebastian want the same thing, to live without having to wear safety suits and masks and bask in the sun again.

Confronted with a destroyed homeland, and haunted by secrets from their pasts, the five must fight and use their minds to survive. They always hoped to be remembered, but will they be able to save mankind?

Congratulations to these three amazing writers!

Your prizes for the Awards are:

🔹️Your respective books placed in our Award Winner's Books Reading List

🔹️A shout out on our message board

🔹️And a Science Fiction themed sticker created by one of our amazing designers, pixel_meg