Chapter 8: Date Night

Finally, school had finished and I was going on a date with the guy I've grown to love what love! wow, I've gotta ask ma about these feelings.

I had a quick shower, and applied a small amount of makeup to make myself look presentable. I decided to wear something simple and plain, considering I wasn't much for colour.

Once I entered the living room mom was waiting for me as she was gonna be the judge of what I look like, and if it was presentable. When she saw me it look like she was gonna burst into tears.

"Ahhh. You look amazing!" She practically squealed which I'll admit made me jump, but I could relax knowing I made a good choice on the outfit I choose.

"You think so?" I asked cautiously, as this was my first date ever.

"Sweetheart you look beautiful, and you don't know how happy I am seeing you smile like this, which I haven't seen in a while."

"Thanks, Ma." I said trying not to get emotional about it.

"It scares me you know. Knowing that my baby girl's getting older, and soon enough you and your brother won't need your ma anymore." She explained with tears in her eyes.

"Ma don't say that. We'll always need you even when we're older." I said softly feeling tears in my eyes knowing she was right, which she had seen.

"Hey, no tears, or you'll get me started, besides it's your special night you enjoy yourself and I'll see tonight, so you let me know how it all goes." She wiped underneath my eyes so my makeup won't get ruined.

"Actually, Ma I've got a question to ask?" I explained nervously.

"What is it baby?" She asked concerned here goes nothing. "How do you know, if your in love." I breathed.

"Well, you can't stop smiling or thinking about them, or even when you see them. You also get butterflies in your stomach, which is usually common if your near them, or in close contact." She explained softly.

I thought about it what ma said and I've been having most of these same reactions, and I realised I was in love with Bobby brown.

Before I could say anything Ma spoke knowingly.

"You love him don't you?," whilst I looked at her with wide eyes, like she took my breath away, but I knew she was right and admitted.

"Yeah I do." Smiling widely teeth showing. "Awww! My baby girls in love!" She shouted joyfully, which made me laugh at her enthusiasm.

"Oh shoot I gotta get to work before I'm late." She explained looking at the time, knowing she will be if she stayed any longer. "Listen I gotta go, Daniel's got after school tryouts, so he'll be home later."

"Okay Ma." I nodded. "Let me know how it goes when I come home okay. I love you." She told me lovingly, not without kissing my cheek first and rushing downstairs to car.

I laughed watching her rush too the car, and she honked the car horn waving at me. I waited outside the door locking it, and waiting for my date.

I just couldn't stop thinking that this is the first boy I've ever loved deeply apart from my brother, maybe a bit less sorry bro.

A bike horn was heard knowing he was here, and I could already feel butterflies whilst trying not to bounce my feet too much, walking down the path trying not to show how nervous I was.

When I saw him on his bike, he dressed smartly with his a dark blue leather jacket, blue t shirt, jeans and his black and white trainers.

"Hey, you look rather smart." I said honestly with a smile . "Hey Y/n, you look amazing." He dazed at me with a wide smile on his face.