Chapter 6: Cobra Kai

Outfit for today

Next day, the principle told ma about our fight and was disappointed in us both, especially since it was our first day at our new school. I did feel satisfied when I saw that Daniel's face was in worse shape than mine.

So mom grounded us both, and we both were in the living room trying to 'bond' again which was going swell note the sarcasm. So now we're both reading books.

Daniel's is about karate (no surprise), whilst mines from one of my favourite films. 'The Witches' and from my favourite author Roald Dahl ( choice of author and book).

We both here a knock on the door and we both saw the fix it guy. "Fix faucet." He explained.

"Oh, yeah, come on in." We both replied.

"It's the kitchen one." Daniel explained.

"Oh, Karate?" He questioned. "Yeah."

"Very good. Learn from book?" He asked.

"Yeah, and a few months at the Y in Newark where we lived." Daniel agreed gesturing to us.

"Oh." The 'fix it guy' said walking to the faucet.

Whilst the 'fix it guy' was tending the faucet he asked about Daniel's eye. "What happened to eye?"

"Oh, I fell of my bike." I looked confused and shocked that he'd cover for me and what the guys did.

"Lucky no hurt to hand." He asked suspiciously, like he knew he was lying, but I think Daniel had a suspicion he knew he was lying.

***

"I'm not doing it." I exclaimed to Susan and Ali who still haven't stopped bugging me about the cheerleading tryouts, which was starting to irritate me and they knew it.

"Come on, how do you know you won't like it if you haven't tried it?" Ali questioned teasingly

"Yeah." Susan agreed.

"Trust me I've done it before and all I'm gonna say is me and Pom-Pom's don't mix." I explained truthfully, which sent us in a laughing fit.

"Hey Ali? Lover boy's over there." Susan sarcastically commented, pointing to Daniel which made us both laugh as she started to go red in the face and went away from us embarrassingly, to go to my brother.

"I'll never understand what Ali sees in him." I questioned my best friends affection for my twin.

"(Y/n), I've been asking myself that since day one." She commented which made us both laugh as we walked down the cafeteria queue.

Once we got to the end of the queue I heard an amused laugh, which took me out of my thoughts and I looked at Susan who had a sly expression on her face.

"Someone's got an admirer," which confused me, until she nodded to a far table and I made eye contact with Bobby. I caught him staring, he waved at me blushing and smiling bashfully, that I shyly returned the gesture.

Tommy was nudging Bobby's arm, taking him out off our staring, he turned around and they gave him a knowing smirk, causing him to roll his eyes, as they snickered, speaking with him quietly.

"He likes you." Barbara's voice made me jump, while she looked impressed that she scared me and Susan was giggling to herself.

"He doesn't." I denied that no one as good looking as him, would go for someone like me.

"You keep telling yourself that." Barbara said and Susan agreed

"(Y/N)!" I looked over where the guys are and they waved me over smiling. I reluctantly followed smiling softly. Taking note that it's the 'popular' table which every school has, and from the surprised looks on the other people's faces around us I've just been invited to sit at it.