The boys nod, each one thinking hard, considering the options.

"I hate to say it but...I'm not sure what we can do. It's too risky to run around the building at night when we have no idea what's out there and with no plan. We don't even know if she's still here or if she left hours ago." Yoongi speaks quietly, looking at you apologetically. But there's a firmness to his voice, and caution. It makes sense, you know that. He's being realistic, and you can see the others looking at you, agreement and resignation in their eyes.

Your heart plummets. Tears begin to well in your eyes, and you quickly look down at the floor. I can't go by myself, with no weapons or anything to defend myself with. How will I find Mi Young? You think, despair filling your heart.

"I disagree. I think we should head towards the practice rooms and see if she's there. We need to find her." Jungkook says, taking you by surprise. You look up, eyes crashing into his. He's watching you intently, and you swear there's a hint of concern flickering in his eyes. He clears his throat, looking away as he says "besides, we can't stay in this room forever. We need to move."

You're speechless, completely taken aback by the youngest's sudden selflessness. He barely even knows Mi Young. He may have said all of three words to her, ever. Yet here he was, trying to convince his hyungs to risk life and limb to go find her.

Why? Your mind buzzes as you continue to stare at him.

"Jungkookie is right, we can't just stay here. And the practice rooms aren't even that far away from us, just a couple hallways over." Taehyung says, relieved that someone else is agreeing to go find Mi Young.

"But Yoongi hyung is right too - we can't just wander the building blindly. We need a plan, or at least some sort of weapon." Namjoon says, combing his fingers through his hair as his mind works feverishly.

You look around the room, eyes searching the darkness for anything that could be used as a weapon. "Come on come on come on..." you mutter to yourself, turning in circles. You grab the matches from Jin, pulling one out as you stride over to the small kitchenette nestled in the corner of the room. Your fingers shake uncontrollably as you fumble with the match, swearing under your breath in frustration. Suddenly, a hand calmly envelops your trembling one. You look up, eyes colliding with two steady, doe eyes.

"Here, let me." Jungkook says softly, gently tugging the matches from your hand and striking one, the little flame jumping to life.

"Thank you" you whisper, heart moving in your chest in a way you don't understand. You glance away, cheeks heating up inexplicably.

Without another word, you both begin opening drawers, looking for anything that may help you. Finally, you find the drawer you were looking for, eyes landing on several long, silver utensils glinting under the light of the match. Knives.

"Yes!" You turn, holding one of the knives triumphantly in your hand. "We have a weapon!"

"A butter knife?" Jin says uncertainly. "No offense y/n, but I don't know how much damage a butter knife will do against a zombie."

"I know it's not the best, but it's better than nothing." You reply, trying to force your dwindling courage into your voice.

There's a beat of silence, everyone looking at each other uncertainly, unease permeating the air.

"Well...she's not wrong, it is better than nothing. If we're gonna do this, we shouldn't go out there with nothing but our fists. At least this way we have something semi-sharp" Namjoon says.

"How many are there?" Jin asks, walking over to where you and Jungkook still stand. You rifle through the drawer.

"5. Actually 6, counting the one I'm holding" you reply, knot forming in your stomach as you realize two of you won't have any weapon at all.

Another beat of silence.

"Ok...so we have a difficult decision to make. Two of us won't be carrying any kind of weapon. Does anyone volunteer?" Namjoon asks apprehensively, looking around the group.

"I won't carry one" you say quickly, handing your knife to Jin. "I'm the one forcing you all to go out there. I should be the one without a weapon."

"Absolutely not. Don't be stupid, just take one of the knives. Here, take mine." Jungkook says gruffly, shoving a knife into your hand before you can respond. "I'll do it. I don't need a knife. I've increased my boxing training lately - I'll be fine" he continues, turning to Namjoon as he speaks.

"No, Jungkook it's fine, I can-" you start, but are quickly cut off by the black haired man beside you.

"No. Just take my knife, y/n." He turns to you, voice edged with steel. His eyes bore into yours, urging you to listen to him, leaving you bewildered by his sudden forcefulness. Why is he doing this? Why is he insisting I have a weapon, even going so far as to put himself in more danger? You wonder, opening your mouth to say as much to him, when another voice speaks up.

"I'll do it. I'll go without a knife, too" says the pale, silver haired man standing by Namjoon. The very same man who said you shouldn't go. You look at him, confused by his sudden change in attitude.

"What? It doesn't matter to me. I'm sure I'd do the same amount of damage with my fists as with a knife. I don't mind taking a swing at a zombie." Yoongi shrugs, somehow seeming completely unbothered by the idea of fist-fighting a zombie.

"It's settled then. Thank you both for being up for going without a weapon. Everyone else, grab a knife." Namjoon says before you can protest, the others quickly walking over to the open drawer beside you. You all retreat back to your huddle around the candle, most of you now armed with a small butter knife.

"Ok, listen up everyone. Obviously none of us have ever been in this situation before, but we've all seen enough movies to generally know what we should and shouldn't do. Be as quiet as humanly possible. If you see a zombie, aim for the head - that's usually the only way to kill one. Don't get bit. We don't know if these zombies can run or not, but I'd say run like hell if you see one, just in case." Namjoon says, voice steady and commanding. "I'll go first. Jin, you bring up the rear since you have one of the knives. Kook, stick close to Jin. Everyone else, stick to the middle. And above all, stay together." He looks at each one of you individually before turning and moving towards the door.  You all quietly follow behind him, fear palpable.

Looking around at your motley, knife-wielding crew, Yoongi sighs heavily. "We're going to die here, aren't we?"

A/N
Yoongi is a big mood. It's finally getting real - hope you all liked it! There's some very exciting stuff ahead🤫
Don't forget to vote, and as always, questions and comments are more than welcome!

 It's finally getting real - hope you all liked it! There's some very exciting stuff ahead🤫Don't forget to vote, and as always, questions and comments are more than welcome!