"My mother and father hated the fact we were a couple, but you already knew that. They kept reminding me of a contract for when I would turn twenty-five. A contract that has kept me on edge since the day I met you till now. My entire life revolves around that stupid contract. I'm bonded by it if I like it or not." He says carefully.

"Explain," I order him firmly. He nods and continues his declaration. "My mother and father are obsessed with wealth and money. They decided when I was still a young boy they wanted a bright future for me, a future they will gain the benefit of. I have to marry someone rich or they'll take everything from me. That's why I worked so hard the past seven years to earn my money with my own company." He tells me seriously.

"Did you know from the contract when we had a relationship?" I ask him curiously. "Yes, I knew, but I was too naïve to think they maybe forget about the contract when they would see me happy with you, but I was wrong. My parents disliked you because you weren't rich. They never thought about my happiness. They make this contract for their profit, not mine. It doesn't care if I'm unhappy, the most important thing is that I marry someone rich, nothing more." Michael replied with honesty.

I swallow and look at him. This was it. We're coming closer and I have a feeling where this will turn out. They hated me and they wanted to get rid of me. I was only a distraction for their only son. Their son has to provide for more wealth and security.

"Within a month you turn twenty-five." I remind him quickly. "Yes, and then it will be all over." He says calmly. "But how?" I ask him curiously. "You'll see. I won't let them control my life anymore. For twenty-five years, they lied, betray me as no loving parents would ever do to their child. I've waited patiently and worked hard these past five years, not to make them rich or give my company to them. I'll marry out of love with someone I want to spend my life with you. This is my time now. Soon everything will fall at place as I arranged it." He tells me softly.

"You left me because of the contract?" I ask him silently. "Yes, and no." He answers hesitantly. I was planning on moving out of my parents' house. I had savings on my bank account, but most of it they kept hidden from me until I turned twenty, and with their approval. But then your mother became sick." He says averting his eyes from me for a moment.

"Your parents helped you arrange it, you had said to me?" I ask him. "Yes, but it was all my doing. I arranged the surgeon and the expensive surgery with my last savings, but instead, I had to leave you. I had to choose between helping your mother or buying my own apartment. So I told my parents I wanted to leave Oregon. Knowing you would never let go of me until you knew the truth. I had to stay away from you." He tells me, taking my hand in his, but I quickly take my hand back, looking out of the window with teary eyes.

"You knew I couldn't live without my mother, so you choose my happiness and my mother's over yours," I reply shortly, replaying all the information in my mind repeatedly. "Correct, and I would do it again." He says seriously. I swallow and keep quiet, not sure what to say or to act.

"For seven years I had to erase every close contact with you. I showed them I wasn't interested in you anymore so they would back off and pay my tuition. That was also part of my plan. Graduate and start my own business, but making sure I enter my dad's business with one foot inside. This wasn't easy for me, Sofia. Leaving you was the hardest thing I had ever done in my life." Michael intones, his eyes finding mine again.

I swallow hard and avert my eyes, biting my nail in a rush. Can't believe he had to choose between my mother or his life. Can I blame him for choosing my mother? No, I can't because I almost begged him to help my mother with her surgery. He did what I told him to do, and he obeyed because he knew it would crush me living a life without my mother. I had lost him, but I got a healthy mother still by my side.