☠︎: 𝐎𝐎𝟒

The next day Y/N was sent on a mission to collect one kishin egg. It was his first, and he wasn't particularly looking forward to it.

It was late at night and he was simply looking in alleyways where the kishin could be.

After about 10 minutes of walking Y/N heard screaming from a near by street. He walked over to the commotion, only to see a red monster chewing on a human body. Blood pooling around it as it bled out.

They were dead already.

The-kishin? Whatever the hell it was. It slowly turned around to face Y/N. A sinister, wild smile was plastered on its face.

"Gross", Y/N muttered. Turning his hand into an axe blade and walking towards it. The kishin's smile grew as blood leaked from his mouth. Probably from the dead corpse on the ground.

The kishin charged at the h/l haired teen, only for Y/N to dodge and kick its head. Slamming it into the ground and stepping on its head.

"You're weaker than the humans I've fought. I guess you are kinda small. I'll let it pass", Y/N dragged out. Leaning downwards and raising his axe hand over his head.

"I'm hungry..so hungry", the kishin muttered. The voices sounded...morphed and sad.

He didn't like listening to it.

Y/N sighed and slammed his axe hand through the kishin's neck. Blood splattering out of it before it screamed. The axe didn't get too deep.

Y/N wanted to watch whatever the hell this thing was, suffer. It killed someone, after all. At least Y/N had his reasons.

Y/N moved his axe back and forth, sawing through its skin. Hearing more cries of pain before removing his axe from its neck. More blood pouring out onto the concrete. By now he could see the bone.

Y/N raised his arm and slammed it down, blood splattering onto his axe hand before the kishin poofed. A red floating orb replacing it. Y/N shifted his hand back and stood up, looking at it.

"So this is what Maka was talking about..", he mumbled. He grabbed it with his left hand, the right one being covered in blood. He squished it and brought it up to his lips. Biting into it, it was squishy. And smooth. It felt weirdly okay on his tongue. So he put it in his mouth and swallowed it.

Y/N hummed and looked over at the dead body of the woman that the kishin ate. Walking back into the alley he came through and looking for something to rinse his arm off with.

He found a faucet that was supposed to have a hose connected to it. So he twisted the knob and watched clean, cold water run out of it. Y/N put his arm under the water and watched the dark red blood rinse off of his hand. Glad that it didn't dry. He rinsed his face off afterwards and dried it off with his shirt.

The h/c haired male walked back out of the alley, and hovered to the corpse that was now cold.

He crouched down and looked in her pockets. Taking out her wallet and opening it.

An ID.

She was 23...how sad. She died young.

It also had her current place of residence on it. So he headed there. Turning around again to the corpse after a few steps. Assuming that her soul was already eaten. Her corpse poofed as well. Right in front of his eyes. Only her bloodied jacket left as evidence. So he picked it up and followed the street names. Knocking on the door of a small, well kept, house.

It was quickly opened by an old woman, her husband standing behind her.

Y/N felt guilt bubble up in his chest. Staying silent and handing the old woman the bloodied coat and wallet, with her daughters ID on top of it all.

She weeped and took the items in her shaky hands.

"I'm a student from the academy...sorry for you loss, ma'am", he bowed after and looked away.

"I'm glad I washed the blood off my arm before coming here"