6pm - 8pm

PAST LIVES - BORNS

I try not to stare most of the time, but for some reason, tonight, I just couldn't look away. I've seen many pretty girls before in so many different places; Including the light rail, but for some reason tonight, she was just so much lovelier than any other girl I've ever seen. Why am I even getting worked up over her anyways? It's not like I'll ever see her again. Well, that's a perfect excuse to keep looking! I'll never see her again, so why does it matter if I continue to look. Well then, that settles it. I'll continue to look.

I looked closely at her. She's Asain; I wonder if she's Chinese, Korean, or what was the other one... I swear it's on the ti- Somehow coming to reality, right at this moment, I noticed she was staring right at me! Of course, as soon as I settle my argument, the world decides to tell me I'm wrong. Oh, shit, that's embarrassing. I didn't mean to look for so long.

When I decided the time was right, I looked at her again, She has a sweet style. I wonder if she skateboards. Looking away so, what happened last time doesn't happen again. Then, after about 10 seconds or so, I take another, She looks kind of sad. I wonder what she's thinking about.

After getting all the good looks I needed, I decided to text Winston. He's my best friend and gives me the best advice; Especially, about girls. Well, coming from the last time I asked him about a girl, it went wrong. But that was a hit or miss moment... yeah, honestly, this one is too.

I took out my phone and headed to my text messages. Hey Winst, there's this cute girl on the light rail. She looks about my age too. Should I talk to her? We've already made eye contact once. I looked up at her once again and pow, of course, we make eye contact again. Just act cool, Vic. Just act cool. Make that twice. I put away my phone and waited for a reply. Winst was pretty fast at replying though so I knew he would answer me in time. He has never once let me down. Well, honestly, that's a lie, but he hasn't ever done it on purpose.

I looked up at the tiny screen thingy above the door. Looks like my spot is next. Which means, only one more minute until I need to get off. Come on, Winston, answer faster! And I bet you, only because I said that he will answer. I picked up my phone as soon as I felt the buzz. Dude, of course, you should talk to her! You can't give a moment like this up! She must be really pretty too because you're always like nahh when this stuff happens. Do it, dude. Do it. He was right. Normally, when I see a cute girl, I'm like eh, but because she's just so pretty, and also because I don't have much time left, I might as well. I mean, come on dude, You might as well. What a perfect sign. I just said it, and now he just said it. Definitely means I gotta do it. I wanted to text him back to let him know I was going to. Even though he probably thinks ill chicken out at the last second. Your right. I might as well.

I waited until the train gently reached a stop. I figured id have time to talk to her then because it's the last stop, which means she must be getting off. When the doors opened, I got up out of my seat and headed out the door. The girl sat a few seats closer to the door, so as I was walking out it felt almost as if I was following her. As she walked, I could smell her vanilla perfume; It was incredibly strong for just the scent of vanilla. It seemed to have been flowing behind her as she strolled.

I awkwardly moved away to the side of her, kind of waiting to see where she was going to go. She just moved forward and stood there, looking around. I took the incident as a time to prepare myself. I decided to just sit on a bench nearby instead of talking to her because I was still pretty nervous and genuinely just waiting for her to run off, and miss the opportunity. Wow, I can't believe I'm doing this. Your going to lose your chance, Victor! But I guess the universe didn't want me to mess up. She didn't run off at all. She just kind of roamed around the station. Observing all the signs above her and all the different types of people around her. She unquestionably looked lost. I might as well...