𝟬𝟬𝟰. the merge

CHAPTER FOUR !the mergeseason six / episode twelve & thirteen

CHAPTER FOUR !
the merge
season six / episode twelve & thirteen

CHAPTER FOUR !the mergeseason six / episode twelve & thirteen

That was a few months ago. Levi had seen the Mikaelson's and parted ways with them after that. And then him and Enzo travelled. And now he was back in Mystic Falls.

He was at the hospital with Liz Forbes. Levi was awkwardly staring at Jo, Kai's twin. "So...since you're still standing, did you win the merge?"

"No. Kai is sedated at my apartment until I learn magic again." She said kindly.

Levi just nodded. Levi smiled at Liz. "Thank you. For always treating me like a person even when my own siblings didn't."

"You're welcome, hunny." She smiled weakly. "Wow, Levi, I didn't know you could be sappy." A voice says making Levi turn around. "Just siphon the magic, Kai. She doesn't deserve to die." Levi said looking at Kai.

"Ouch. I though you would've been happier to see me." Levi rolled his eyes.

Kai places his hands on Liz but Levi zoned out. "Hey, sis. Little busy. Be with you in a jiffy." Levi looks up from the floor and notices Jo. "Elena?" She asks.

Levi had walked out of the room and when he walked back in Elena was doing compressions. "No, no. I will not let this happen. Wake up!"

He walked out and started walking around when he found Jo holding Luke and Kai on the ground. "They're merging. Aren't they?"

"It's because you let Kai out!"

"You win some, you lose some." Kai is standing there grinning. "Except for me. I always win." Damon went to move towards Kai but he disappears.

Levi walked back to his apartment.

Someone knocking on the door is what woke Levi up. Levi who was only wearing sweatpants and who was half way asleep pulled open the door, squinting at the hallway light. "Kai? It's two am. What are you doing her-" Levi looked at Kai's face and noticed tears. "I, uh I'm sorry I didn't have anyone else to go to. You're the only person who doesn't hate me." Levi pulled Kai into the apartment. "What's wrong?"

"I killed him he's dead because of me and now Liv wont be able to move on from it and Jo is gonna hate me even more now because now I've killed five of my siblings." Levi was never good at comforting people so he did the only thing he knew how to do. He hugged Kai. The two ended up falling asleep on the couch wrapped in eachother's arms.

"Why do you suddenly have feelings?" Levi asked Kai the next morning. "Oh well when you merge you absorb traits from the sibling that looses, I guess Luke passed over his empathy which sucks cause I was perfectly happy without it, honsetly I would've been perfectly fine with any of his traits but no I get the one thing that I hate." Levi just smiles. "You win some, you lose some."

"Hello?" Kai said walking into the Salvatore house. Levi wasn't far behind mostly because he was holding Kai's hand.

"Ooh! Forgot how massive this house was." He grins as both boys walk into the kitchen. "Yum! Cupcakes!" He grabs one and sits down in a chair. Levi sitting on the Island. "Sorry. Are we interrupting something?" He asks looking between Damon and Elena.

"What are you doing here?"

"Funniest thing. I need your help." He pulls out a letter from his pocket. "Why would we give a letter to Jo?" Elena asks.

"I haven't been able to find her using a locator spell, and, you know good on her because under normal circumstances, I'd be super jazzed to gouge out her belly button." He takes a bite out of the cupcake. "Why would we help you, Kai?" Elena asks leaning back on the counter. "Well, in case you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a sociopath. But so is Levi." Elena feigns shock. "I know. Shocker. I like being a sociopath. You know, I'm not burdened by things like guilt or love. So then this merge happened with my brother Luke, and I won, which was great because I absorbed his ability to do magic, but now I can't stop thinking about how Luke died, how Liv's life is ruined. For some horrible reason, I can't shake how I feel about it."

"You feel bad?" Elena asked. "Yeah. So when I absorbed Luke's magic, I must have gotten some of his qualities or something like empathy or love. So I googled how to process emotional pain, and they said if you write everything down in a letter and burn it, you'll be healed. So I started writing, and this water literally started pooling in my eyes. Has that ever happened to you, like, like water just, just oozing out of my eyeballs like I'm some alien creature excreting fluids."

"You mean you cried?"

"Yes! And after that was done, I burned the letter, and the feelings, oops, were still there. So I really feel strongly that Jo needs to know how sorry I am for destroying our family, but let's face it, guys, all right? I mean, Elena, you of all people should be willing to look past the questionable things that I've done to see that there's, there's good somewhere in me. Levi did. And you did it with Damon."

AUTHORS NOTE !

thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and comment

( made by retrobabe- )