"No- wait- Mari- my leg is... Asleep..."

The numbing in his leg that (Y/n) was on was making Hero suffer in silence. The cat was no help either.

Aftermath

The birds were tweeting outside, almost as if to wake up the sleepy (Y/n). The light shining through the windows as if trying to help the birds wake them up. It was a normal day. A normal day since...

'Good morning, M □ r □ .'

They thought, sitting up.

'Good morning, (Y/n).'

They thought again, going to the bathroom with a towel and some fresh new clothes. Turning on the bath tub, they covered the drain, checking the temperature of the water. Moving to the shelves with some other towels and bath supplies, they spotted the radio. Turning it on, they tried tuning to any song that they knew and liked. Then they began to bathe, humming a bit as they tried to calm themselves down from a new yet painful day.

Once finished, they dried themselves with their towel before removing the cover for the drain to drain the water. They then moved to the sink to brush, floss, and wash their face, feeling calmer than when they woke up. It turned into a routine since they always woke up with dread. The first few weeks after the incident were awful, and are very hard to think about. But somehow, they have pushed those feelings away by distracting themselves with chores and planning out their day.

They had formed a habit of checking up on their friends once every four days, respecting them wanting to be alone but also wanting to let them know that they were there. They even made sure to bring some sort of snack with them to give just in case, worried that they weren't taking care of themselves. Especially Sunny, Basil, and Hero. Aubrey and Kel were sometimes visited by (Y/n). However, the other three weren't as visible as Aubrey and Kel.

(Y/n) wasn't sure where they were. It's been a few months, yet (Y/n) had stayed patient.

"Hi, Kel!"

"(Y/n)!"

Kel exclaimed, sipping the last drops of his orange joe before trashing it.

"How have you been?"

"I've been alright! How are you?"

"I'm good. Well... Sort of..."

Kel said, frowning.

"It's Hero. He's still shutting himself away from me. And I don't know what to do..."

"Maybe we have to wait a bit more..."

"B-But we have been waiting for a while! I miss Hero! I want him to be happy again!"

Kel exclaimed, frowning even more. He flopped back onto the bench, wishing he had another orange joe with him. (Y/n) moved to sit on the bench, looking at him. Kel looked back, sighing.

"If you miss him, maybe you could try talking some sense into him..."

"Should I..?"

"I've... Never heard you doubt yourself before."

(Y/n) said with wide eyes. Kel inhaled, nodding.

"No, you're right! I can!"

He said with a grin, slowly smiling widely.

"I'M GOING TO GET MY BROTHER BACK!"

Kel yelled with his arm in the air like a hero, heheh, earning clapping from (Y/n).