:Dream Mari: Accompany

"Lovely day, isn't it?"

Mari chimed, setting up the delicious shaved ice prepared for Omori, Aubrey, Kel, and Hero as soon as they come over. (Y/n), meanwhile, was shivering, teeth chattering just a bit. The snow lightly fell to the ground with a cold breeze blowing at their face.

"H-How..."

(Y/n) asked as they eyed Mari, who looked perfectly fine without any winter clothing's. Although the snow was pretty, it was very cold. At least, it seemed very cold to them.

"Ah, I'm not sure. My temperature must be keeping up with the weather!"

She replied as she looked at her own arm. (Y/n) leaned over a bit to look at her arm in curiosity. There were no goosebumps at all. They sighed, looking up at the sky as they stood up.

"I hope I'm not being too sensitive about this weather..."

"No worries! As soon as the group clears this area, we could head on somewhere else!"

(Y/n) sighed softly, moving over, shuffling under the picnic blanket as if it was a regular blanket. Mari laughed, laying down beside them.

"If I may ask, why didn't you go with the group?"

"I just preferred hanging with you..."

Mari smiled widely, looking off to the side a bit.

"I very much appreciate you wanting to be here with me~"

(Y/n) smiled, nodding as they slowly buried their head under the picnic blanket. As soon as they did so, their head throbbed, possibly a headache. Sighing as they closed their eyes, they were quickly pulled out from the spot under the picnic blanket.

"Heya, (Y/n)!"

Kel exclaimed, letting go of their arms.

"Kel! Don't pull them like that!"

Aubrey yelled, glaring at Kel.

"Sorry, sorry..."

Omori walked over to the cooler before walking, sitting on the picnic blanket. The others joined, Kel and Hero sitting down while Aubrey twirled.

"Really, Mari? Shaved ice in this weather?"

Hero asked, looking at a scoop of the ice he had picked up. Hero, Mari, and Kel were talking about the shaved ice, as well as the difference between Sno-cones. (Y/n) was taking in their conversation amused by the subject. However, their eyes lingered a bit on Mari, who was trying her best to answer Kel's question.

"Larger pieces of ice, huh? Is that why SNO-CONES are so much more expensive?"

Kel has asked as he tapped the empty cup above his mouth to get the last pieces of ice. Mari was still smiling widely, yet she seemed to be at a loss of words, glancing over a bit at (Y/n).

"I... I don't know, Kel! I can't really answer that one..."

The conversation seemed to end, as the others rested for a few moments before standing up, quickly focusing back on finding Basil, running off somewhere else.

"Stay safe..."

(Y/n) tried to call out, only for it to come into a faint whisper.

"Don't worry, (Y/n)! I'm sure they'll be alright. My little brother has been very brave lately!"

She chimed, looking up at the sky where the snow lightly fell. A sudden shiver went down (Y/n)'s spine, in which Mari seemed to notice.

"Come on, let's go for a walk~"