Ice Cream

"So y/n-chan how are you enjoying the Nekoma life?", Bokuto , who was walking next to you, asks after a few minutes.

"It's been going great, but then again can't say much for my second day here.", you say smiling at the owl boy.

"y/n-chan do you have a job?", Akaashi asks moving to the other side of you because Bokuto was walking very dramatically, swaying his arms back and forth.

"Oh yes I do, I work every Wednesday and Sunday.", you say moving to the end of the line, not wanting your backpack to hit anyone.

Taking this chance, Kuroo moved to the end of the line too, so now you were in between Kuroo and Akaashi. You notice this and smile to yourself.

"y/n-chan what are you smiling about?", Akaashi asks raising his eyebrows.

"Huh- Oh uh nothing, inside joke I was thinking about.", you say hoping that it didn't sound too suspicious.

"Ahuhhh, and we're assuming it's not because Kuroo moved to the other side of you right?", Bokuto said smirking.

Turning a bright shade of red Kuroo said, "Well she IS carrying a backpack so I just came next to her to protect her!"

"Oh ok and so now I need protecting?", you say teasingly.

Right on cue, you all hear crying coming from some where nearby. Akaashi whips is head around and points to a little girl crying with an empty ice cream cone. Her mom was trying to calm her down next to her.

"Hey I'm gonna go get her another ice cream cone give me a sec.", Kuroo said walking away to a small ice cream cart parked on the side of the road.

"I'll go help her mom get her to calm down.", you say. Everyone nods their head and you start walking towards the girl.

"Hey! Did you drop your ice cream?", you ask leaning down to meet the girl at eye level.

The girl kept crying so you reached into your backpack and try and find something. You find a caramel candy and look up at the mom for approval. She nodded her head and you turned back to the little girl and put the caramel candy in her hand. She stopped crying for a second, looked at the candy, and threw it at the ground and started bawling even more.

"Why you little-", you start but feel a hand on your shoulder.

 You look up and see Kuroo standing there with the ice cream cone. 

"Don't worry I'm good with kids!", Kuroo said smiling at you.

You get up and move to the side as Kuroo leans down to give the girl the ice cream cone. She took one look at Kuroo and started crying even more than before. Kuroo grumbled something and gave the cone to the mom and started walking back to the group.

"Good with kids huh?", you say laughing.

"Not my fault that little girl had high expectations.", Kuroo said looking away.

"She must have bad taste then, but then again she looks at least 6.", you say waving to the others to start walking again.

"What was that? Bad taste?", Kuroo said stopping in his tracks.

"You heard what I said now move along.", you say rolling your eyes with a smile and joined the others.

Kuroo gives a wide grin and runs up to catch up to the rest of you.

a/n: hElLo hElLo welcome to the end of the chapter! sorry i didnt make one yesterday i was trying not to die bc my project partner bailed on me 😍 but anyways I hope you enjoyed another chapter about our wonderful bed haired boy. bye byeee