A New Challenger

You wake up the next day to your blaring alarm clock and the voice of Akhemi yelling at you for something.

"What time is it?", you mumble as you yawn and stretch your arms out.

"IT'S PAST 7:30, HURRY UP AND GO WASH YOUR FACE AND BRUSH YOUR TEETH YOU HAVE NO TIME TO SHOWER!", Akhemi screeches from downstairs in a frantic to pack your lunch.

You run to the bathroom to brush your teeth, and wash your face. You then quickly change into your school uniform and dash downstairs, with just enough time to stuff some eggs in your mouth and grab your Nintendo Switch before Akhemi yells for you to get in the car. While jumping in Akhemi notices the switch in the front pocket of your backpack.

"'Seriously y/n? You better not be playing with that during school, you should go make friends during break, not be on your switch.", she said arching her eyebrow and sighing.

"Ah don't worry I won't, I haven't played on my switch since I moved in with you, and also I don't intend on making any friends on the first day of school," you say smiling at your cousin.

"Yeah right I bet you'll meet someone, Nekoma is just that kinda school you know?", Akhemi said driving down the main road.

"'You bet?', you ask, a smile slowly spreading across your face, 'Well then how does 20 dollars sound?'"

"Argh, no I don't bet 20 dollars, but how does mochi sound?", Akhemi asked with a small smile.

"Ok, deal, if I happen to make a friend then you owe me some mochi!", you say excitedly as you turn your head to see the school.

"'Ah we're here!', Akhemi smiled, 'This brings back so many memories!!'"

As she says this you hear the bell ringing and you quickly hop out of the car and wave bye to Akhemi as you run into the building.

"Ahh where is class 2-3, come on come on.", you mumble as you speed walk through the halls.

As your franticly trying to find your classroom you see a boy speeding to class. His hair sort of reminded you of the custard your mom used to make for you when you were little.

"'Excuse me!'", you call out to the boy as you run up to him, 'Do you know where class 2-3 is?'".

"I'm heading over to that classroom too, here follow me", the boy quietly says as you follow him down the hallway.

You both stop a few hallways down from where you were before and he gets in. You rush in after him and sit at a desk at the back of the classroom.

As the teacher rambles on about algebra you slowly slip out your switch and open up Super Smash Bros Ultimate*. As your eyes are on the screen, furiously clicking the B button to jump away from the Kirby about to knock you out, you notice another person playing on their switch. You look up and see it's none other than the boy who showed you the way to the classroom. He looked up and saw you looking at him. You quickly turn away and go back to your game to see you've been knocked out by the Kirby. You silently curse and hear a small snicker. You look up at the boy quietly snickering at you. You glare at him until you hear your name being called.

"y/n what's the answer to the question?", your teacher looks at you with a stern face.

"Oh, uh 2/3?", you say wincing as you know what's about to come.

"No it isn't, Kenma can you answer this?", she sighed in disappointment as she turned to face the boy, who, now you know is Kenma.

"8", Kenma said quietly.

"Correct, now that that's over with-", the teacher started, but was interrupted by the bell. She sighed as the kids jumped out of their chairs to leave.

As you get up to leave you turn to Kenma. "How were you able to pay attention, but play at the same time?", you ask scrunching up your nose, mystified by the skill.

"It's a secret I don't intend on sharing with you", Kenma said slightly smiling and started to walk off.

"'Wait!', you say as you catch up to him, "Where are you going, is it ok if I come too?", you ask him with a grin.

*Super Smash Bros Ultimate is a popular switch game in which you battle either a bot or another person with characters from other Nintendo games.

a/n: hello hello loves <3 I hope yall enjoyed this chapter, sorry it was rly long but I didn't want to stretch it into two chapters :'> But anyways I hope you all are enjoying the story so far :)) See you next chapter!!