Dreams can be oh so cruel

Your boyfriend Wilbur had left to go to the store he hadn't been gone for more than five minutes but you already missed him immensely. Your mind began spiraling and before you knew it you were huddled under the covers in the fetal position as  blasted through your headphones as you cried. Thoughts running through your head screaming and never seeming like they planned on stopping. Thoughts saying Wilbur doesn't love you, thoughts saying he left for the store as an excuse to leave you, thoughts that he was never gonna return, that he was gonna cut off all contact with you. Suddenly the thoughts are dulled for a moment as Wilbur comes in the room rushing to your side asking if you're alright.

"Love are you alright?!" Unable to respond laying their rather numb you very lightly shrug and Wilbur is quick to remove the headphones and to crawl in bed behind you holding you turning you towards him and hold you tightly as he brushes his hands through your hair gently untangling it as he quietly shushs you attempting to help you calm down. Your tears increase rather than decrease as the thoughts return even louder than before, often when this happens you begin to instinctively hit yourself to try and distract you're self luckily with Wilbur holding you so tightly you're unable to do that. "Darling? May I ask what's got you so upset.." you slowly take some deep breathes as he loosens his grip so that you're able to get more comfortable and also look directly at him. "I- I'm- it's just... Wilbur... I started thinking that you don't love me and that you were only going to the store as an excuse to be able to leave me and that you were never gonna come back and that you were just gonna cut me off without any warning and replace me with someone better ..." He takes a deep breath slight tears in his eyes as he says "My dear oh my oh my darling" he cups your face with a hand gently rubbing your cheek with his thumb "First of all I love you so so much I can't even properly put it into words. I try so hard to put it into words, I try so hard to show you that I love you I really do try my best dearest. Secondly I will never ever leave you I could never leave you, who else would I make heart shaped waffles with and take calming bubble baths as we laugh hysterically at our friends YouTube videos, who would I take to the park at three in the morning just to swing and star gaze with, who would I spend lazy days in bed doing nothing with. Listen to me my darling I am never leaving you and I could never ever replace you, you are quite frankly irreplaceable beyond all belief." He gently kisses your forehead. "I'm-I'm sorry wilby" he frowns and says "My love there is nothing for you to be sorry about it is perfectly okay do not apologize for feeling things. I just can only hope that I can help you stop feeling these things and help you truly start feeling just how much I love you" you smile softly and peck his lips before nuzzling into his chest. He begins softly humming and eventually singing if I could fly by one direction and soon you've both drifted to sleep all worries forgotten your mind finally quieted down as you sleep peacefully. Hours later you awake cold and eerily lonely you look around to see you're in your bedroom and that it was all nothing but a very cruel dream.