Alapaap

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Ever since I ventured into the world of creative writing, I told myself I should write with a solid purpose. I will write not because I want to be known nor to have lots of followers. I will write because I want to share my advocacies to others. I will write because I want to raise awareness, to inform, and to prove that writing is indeed more than entertainment.

Again, I am not after the followers nor fame. I just want to find readers who are willing to grasp a deeper sense of understanding about life and what it truly means to be living. I just want to share through my art the paradox of our time that while some cry for iPhones, others cry for food and even eat prayers for dinner. While we're busy blaming others for our misfortune and nursing our broken hearts, we overlooked the secret sacrifices and efforts of our parents to comfort us. We're too caught up in pursing our dreams and living our lives that we hardly notice how they're struggling on their own too. I wish to also help everyone realize that it's really okay not to be okay physically, mentally, and emotionally. Whether you are Black, White, or Asian, gay, bi, or transexual, our differences do not make us less of a human being. I also would want to show a sympathetic point of view as to why others resort to heinous crimes because,  even to the bad and villainous, they too have their stories.

I always, always wish to create transformative and inspirational tales that are good for the heart, mind, and soul. However, I am also aware that not everyone likes that sort of reading material that's why I have doubts about this too, but I still pushed through it because I verily believe that it's about time that we include something like this in our narratives. I just really want to give inspirations and learning because we live only once and I want to spend mine exploring countless of possibilities to help in making a little difference to the world. Thank you for reading it up until here. It already means a lot.

THIS IS THE SPECIAL CHAPTER. I really hope you bring with you the values and philosophies you have earned from here as you venture into the battlefield called life. I will truly appreciate it more once you apply respect, sympathy, understanding, and lending a helping hand to those who are most in need into practice. Let me quote Mahatma Gandhi's words to end this note, "In a gentle way, you can shake the world". We may not be able to change the world in a snap but we can certainly make some difference, and I chose mine through rewriting our most-loved fairy tales with social issues as modern twists.

Alapaap

Alapaap

Humahangos na tumatakbo papasok sa gubat sa likuran ng mansyon ang isang otso anyos na batang babae habang hinahabol ng isang nasa kwarenta anyos na lalaki. Gabi na noon at makulimlim din ang langit, hudyat nang nagbabadyang pag-ulan.

"Tutti, nasaan ka? Labas ka na. Laro muna tayo habang wala pa ang mama mo," anito.

Sumiksik naman agad ang bata sa may halamanan at tinakpan ang bibig niya upang hindi makagawa ng ingay. Subalit pag-atras niya ay naapakan niya ang kumpol ng mga tuyong dahon dahilan upang malingunan ng matanda ang direksyon niya.