Nora instantly begins to apologise to me, I shush her and ensure her that it isn't her fault.

We spend half the ride to the city singing along to the music and talking about our plans when we get to the city. Nora leans forward and lowers the music slightly, suggesting that she's going to ask me a question.

"What's going on between you and Dominico" she winks at me.

My stomach flutters at his name and heat rises to my cheeks. "Nothing" I answer timidly. She laughs, "AWWWW YOU'RE BLUSHING", she pulls out her phone and snaps a picture of me before I have time to cover my face. "Shut up" I joke, slapping her shoulder.

What is going on between us though?

Nora aggressively taps my shoulder to gain my attention. I turn to look at her and see that she's looking directly at a McDonalds. Of course. I pull into the McDonalds parking lot without a word. "Can we get drive through?" She asks. I look at her with a stone cold expression. "I love you but we're not eating McDonalds in my car". I park my BMW i8 and we step out to walk inside. I choose to get chicken nuggets while Nora gets a Big Mac.

We agreed it would be better to go shopping first, and then go to my new apartment.

My Dad got me an apartment in the city for my 20th birthday since I've been spending so much time here recently. It's close to Kyle so that we can still be near each other.

As we stroll through one of the many stores on this street, a gorgeous green dress catches my attention nearly instantly. It's an emerald green, the colour of Dominic's eyes, and is made of a silky satin material. There's a slit at one end. It's perfect. I pay for the dress and grab the garment bag.

Nora still hasn't found a dress yet so we continue to shop.

I get a notification on my new phone and look down to read it.

DINNER TONIGHT WITH THE BOYS.
-K

I groan and look up at Nora.

We walk into my new apartment, it's a penthouse. It's huge with at least 3 large bedrooms and 4 bathrooms. It has a white marble countertop for the kitchen with black stools on the side. The kitchen is white and modern with black details. It's open floor plan so the kitchen, couches, and dining table are all in the same room, making it very spacious. The dining table is glass, and the couches are black. The walls are freshly painted in white and there are 3 framed black and white pictures of different designer brands. It's very aesthetically pleasing with a fern in the corner of the room. The Christmas tree is already up near the balcony door. It's perfect.

I walk into the largest bedroom, it corresponds with the rest of the apartment with a large white bed decorated with pearly silk sheets, white bedside tables, a walk in closet, and a large window. There's a framed picture of Nora and I placed on one bedside table and a picture of Kyle and I on the other.

I walk over to my built in dresser, that has clearly been customised to my preferences, and open the drawers to see it already filled with brand new makeup. I open the closet door and see a majority of my dresses, along with some new ones. My shoes and heels are placed neatly on the white shelves. I place the garment bag on the island in the closet and go to pick an outfit for today.

I settle for a white silk sleeveless dress and a Louis Vuitton handheld bag. I'm wearing red ribbon shoes for a pop of colour.

I meet Nora waiting for me in the common room, she's sitting on a stool in front of the kitchen counter and she's on her phone

We walk into my BMW, Kyle told us to meet them at the restaurant but it's still early and I wanted to get my snake heels back from his apartment to wear tomorrow.

Once we arrive there, I step out of the elevator on the top floor, his floor, and step forward to knock on the door. Before my fist hits the door, I hear Kyle's voice.

"WE'RE NOT TELLING HER YET. SHE ISN'T READY" He shouts from inside the apartment.

Someone's muffled voice replies to him making him more agitated. There's a loud shatter of glass before Kyle continues to shout.

"SHE'S MY BABY SISTER. ITS NOT TIME"

At this, I abruptly slam the door open. Kyle, my mom, and my dad turn to look at me wide eyed.