Chapter 3 - Mysterious Message.

"Why does it look like it has paint on it?" asked Alvin, feeling the end of the brush. "Feels like it too."

"What if we.." Theodore picked up the brush and swiftly brushed it against the edge of Simon's safe, as if it had paint on it.

A series of faded yellow-ish dashes and dots appeared.

"Awesome, Theo!" congratulated Eleanor.

Theodore blushed.

"Simon, what does it say?" inquired Brittany.

Simon studied the side of his cyan safe.

'Douuble pprize'

"It says double prize.. But with two 'u's and two 'p's..?"

"'U"s and 'P's? Up?"

They all looked up. A tiny but of plaster was hanging from the ceiling, and looked like it had something written on it.

"We've got to get that bit of plaster." ordered Eleanor. "You guys have a broom in here?"

"Yeah,"

Alvin went over to the filled cupboard, containing both junk and somewhat necessary objects in it.

"Broom!" he exclaimed, as many other things fell out of the cupboard.

"Wait, what it we accidentally crush the plaster?" intercepted Jeanette.

"How else will we get it down then?" asked Eleanor.

The plaster was quite a big piece, and didn't look like it was about to just randomly fall.

"What if we.. Blow dry it or something?" suggested Brittany.

"Blow dry it?! What's it gonna do, float off the ceiling like a fairy?!" sneered Alvin.

"Got a better idea?" retorted Brittany.

"Ugh."

"I'll get a hair dryer." said Eleanor, and zip lined to the chipettes treehouse.

A minute later, she returned, holding a lime green hair dryer.

"Alright, I'll plug it in here.."

The wire was surprisingly long.

Jeanette switched it on.

The plaster almost immediately flew off the ceiling and.. Right out if the window?!

"CATCH IT!!" shouted Brittany.

The chipmunks and chipettes ran after the ceiling plaster as if it was a £50 note.

"It's getting away!"

Out if nowhere, Simon appeared from behind a bush and managed to catch the piece of plaster in a cup.

***

'Don't over think this, as you will see..
Old whites basement is where you need to be.'