Chapter 1 - How It Began.

A/N: Heyy, I'll be updated on my message board about my stories and sometimes other things, and if you've got any questions then feel free time ask in the comments or message board! Also, there will be important information there too.

"We've got to work together to find them! Who's in?"

Oops, wrong part. Let's go back to how it all started.

The chipmunks and chipettes were hanging out together, each doing their own thing.

Dave was out shopping.

Alvin was playing a game on his phone.

Simon was reading near the window still.

Theodore and Eleanor were playing a card game.

Brittany was painting herself on canvas.

And Jeanette was working on her science report.

"Hey guys," Dave walked into the room.

"Hey Dave, did you buy any treats?"

"Yes, but don't eat too much, Theodore. And I brought you all something."

"More treats?!" asked an eager Theodore.

"No, I brought you all journals!"

"Journals? Seriously Dave? They're so lame!" exclaimed Alvin.

"No Alvin. I thought it would be nice to get down your feelings and struggles and emotions. And they're each in you favourite colour."

"What if someone reads them?" fretted a paranoid Simon.

"I'm sure you will all have safe places to keep your journals."

Dave handed the journals out, and I'm pretty sure you can guess which colour they individually got.

After Dave left the room, the chipmunks and chipettes discussed the new journals.

"This is so lame." muttered Alvin, holding his journal by the tips of his finger and thumb, as if it were a tissue someone had just sneezed in.

"Well, I think it's a great idea putting down what happens in our life." Jeanette said.

"I'm with Jeanette." agreed Theodore. "It'll be fun describing every meal and snack and dessert I eat!"

"Of course it will." muttered Alvin.

"But guys, aren't you worried that somebody might steal it or read it?" inquired Simon.

"Well, I'm going to put mine in my safe." Jeanette answered.

"I'll hide mine." said Brittany.

"Me too." Theodore and Eleanor said together.

"Wait, I'll put mine under a pile of my stinky socks!" Alvin declared.

"And how exactly will you write in it with it smelling of your horrible stinky feet?" asked Simon.

"Oh, never thought of that. How about you create me an invention that will allow me to write in it without that smell?"

"If I get to choose tomorrow's movie."
smirked Simon.

"Hey, where my say?!" interrupted Theodore.

"Fair point." said Simon. "How about Alvin has to study with me?"

It was a good way to try and get Alvin's grades boosted.

"What?! You study all day! No way!" disagreed Alvin.

"Not necessarily, I don't. And then good luck hiding your journal."

"Ugh, all right."

"And now that that's settled," started Brittany. "How about we all go and get our places for storing our journals ready?"

"Good idea, Brit."

But were their hiding places, stinky socks, and locked boxes going to keep their personal and private journals safe?