Chapter 4

• Dedicated to Nikko Smallbear

    I found my meat! Jace is going to award me! Blue Moon thought as he stared down at the girl with blonde hair and blew green eyes. She was fairly fed so she wasn’t fat but not too skinny at the same time. Just like him. He heaved on her, taking a minute to catch his breath and realize what he had done. But when he looked down, the girl had tears, scurrying like mice down her cheeks. She made whimpering sounds that were shards of glass ripping open his heart. She had broke him. He put his hands on her shoulders to get her to stop crying but she only sobbed worse. She had hit him cold and hard. He didn’t want to take her. No. Why, may each person ask?

   Blue Moon looked up at the clans leader. He held his shoulders down with his paws and pushed hard. It tore into his fur, red panting his body. He opened his jaws wide and Blue Moon waited for his life to end. But just before his teeth clamped around the baby wolf’s neck, a bullet sound rang in the distance. And his father flopped to the ground.

   A man came and picked up his father’s body. He gasped when came in sight with Blue Moon. Blue Moon inched away slowly, afraid that his life would end with a bullet at his heart. But to the tiny wolf’s surprise, the man dropped his gun and carefully touched his wounds. The man said only a few words before taking the little pup away.

“Come, I will make you stronger”

   Blue Moon couldn't hurt this girl. He never would. He backed away, and let the girl run.