Chapter Four: Blake

Chapter Four! I introduced a new character and point of view. This is one of my favorite characters, so I hope you like her too!

Dan and I went straight to work on making more secret holes and passages to our hideout. He told me that there were seven others like us that needed our help. He then proceeded to tell me about the rescues.

"We will work at saving the easier ones first, then work together to save the harder ones," he tossed his curly mud-colored locks out of his eyes as he spoke in our hideout. We used an old abandoned testing track to come up with our plans. How Dan had managed to find this place was beyond even me, and I was a smart lil' chap.

That night, we made plans to save the next person. It was a girl named Blake. Apparently she was a dark tabby cat hybrid. ( So far, I knew of three people: Me, a fox; Dan, a kangaroo; and Blake )

---Blake's POV---
So there I sat in the twenty-seventh test room. This test was broken and seemed like it had been rushed to completion. The room was ugly and the test was impossible.

"Hey computer dude, looks like you forgot to cross some 't's and dot some 'I's! Loser!" I yelled. Suddenly, the computer spoke.

"I am not a loser."
"Yes you are."
"No, I am NOT."
"Yes you are you loser."

I am not very good at tracking time, but I think this went on for about an hour.

"NO I AM NOT! NOW DO MY TEST YOU IMBECILE!" the computer was furious. The room shook and the lights glowed bright red. Some of the white ceiling fell as the angry voice boomed throughout the room.

"Uh Oh!"

I dodged the falling panels and rubble to the best of my ability. The destruction did nothing to help the solve-a-bility of the test. It actually, quite ironically, made it more flipping difficult for me. Thanks logic!

---Ivy's POV---

I turned to Dan, ears flat against my red hair. "What was that?" I whispered as the rumblings rumbled in the distant tests.

"I don't know, Ivy. Maybe a ton of alpacas and llamas are having a dance party?" I could tell that Dan wanted to be funny, so I didn't reply in a more serious manner.

"Naw, more like elephants."

After we had a good, hope-returning laugh at that, we snapped back into focus.

After crawling out of the entrance, Dan and I made our way to this Blake's test. The rumbles became louder and louder with every step we took.

"Help! Dude! I am sorry! Stop trying to kill me! You aren't a loser!"

"Who was that?!?" I asked.
"Blake!"

Dan then used his kangaroo foot to kick down the least sturdy wall. There we saw a girl about as tall as Dan stuck under some rubble.

"Help!"
Together, Dan and I pulled he out. We all ran back to the hideout and told her what was going on. "Thanks guys. I almost died."

Then came the harder ones.