Chapter Two: Near Death Experience

So, Chapter Two! This chapter is kinda fast, and I apologize. But please enjoy and leave suggestions! I will try to answer in the author's notes.

•A month later•
Screaming again: this time five times as loud. The pain was intense. More liquids were being pumped into my skin. I could not even move. They had paralyzed me.

Suddenly, I felt very queasy. This was very unusual. There were usually never side effects to the red and blue liquids, aside from what They wanted. My pulse quickened. My eye-sight fogged.

I heard a loud beeping noise as the heart monitor indicated that apparently my heart had stopped.

I passed out.
-----About a minute or so later-----
"Will she be okay?"
"Is she safe to be around?!?"
"She is stable! Repeat, she is stable!"
"Check the DNA."
"Yes, sir!"

Even though I was l was under heavy amounts of pain drug and was probably seeing and hearing things, these voices were surprisingly clear to me. However, when I awoke, the voices were mysteriously gone. Vanished. Poof. I looked around and found myself back in my cell.

Bouncing off the mattress with a satisfying screech, I proceeded to look at my even more inhuman self in the mirror provided for me.
My fox ears flicked annoyedly, and my dark tail swished with irritation as I looked in the large mirror. I had long, whispy whiskers and a small muzzle now.

"But why did I nearly die?" I asked myself for probably the tenth time that day. "Wouldn't They take extra care to not kill me? Or was this-" I gestured to my tail and puffed it out, "Their goal? Are They going to kill me because the experiment is complete?" I sighed and walked back to my bed.

The next morning- I can't really tell time so this was a guess- I was in a very much different place. This time, no more red or blue liquids, just me in a large white room. Suddenly, a masculine, robotic voice broke the silence.

"Attention Test Subjects..."
"Subjects?" I whispered.
"These next tests are of your individual agility and strength. You will be pushed to your limits..."
"Well, that's just fantastic." I mumbled at the voice.
"You may also die. So try to not to. Good luck and the testing begins NOW." The room shifted to include platforms and ropes. A door appeared at the top. It seemed to be straight out of a video game.
"Fricking GLaDOS wannabe."

Let's just say that I considered myself positively screwed.