Chapter Forty-Three - Allison

Comenzar desde el principio

I show him how to do it first, by using it on him, and then we move back into a routine of going back and forth. I discover he's really good and catches on really fast. I've never known this because the only classes we have together are Herbology, Care of Magical Creatures and Arithmancy. No classes that involve much wandwork.

"Now, the Stunning Spell, and then we're done for the night. We should be able to get a couple times in before having to get back to our common rooms before curfew," I say.

"Accio cushions," I shout, knowing we're short on time. Two cushions float themselves over to me from the cabinet. I direct them a decent distance behind each of us.

"Okay, ready?" I ask him. He nods his head. "Stupefy!" I yell. He flies backwards.

We continue in turns until I call that we should head back to our common rooms. "You know, you're a pretty good teacher. Maybe you'll end up taking over after Flitwick retires," he compliments. I laugh. "Definitely not." He looks at me.

"Teaching one person is one thing, multiple classrooms worth of witches and wizards, I can't. I've tried explaining things to my friends and I get frustrated when they don't understand, so teaching other people isn't the greatest idea," I explains.

"So, what do you want to do? After Hogwarts, I mean?" he asks. I look up at him guiltily. "I want to become an Auror. I know it's really hard to get into, but I really think I could do it," I say.

"I think you would be a great Auror," he replies, but there's a bit of pain behind his smile. I know what he's thinking. If his parents openly support Voldemort, I would have to go after them.

"What about you?" I ask. "Oh, I've never really thought about it," he says.

"Really? But, you need to know which NEWT classes you need to get into," I point out. "Yeah, but I never really thought I'd have to -" He stops himself.

"You never thought you'd have to what?" I prompt him. "It's nothing," he sighs. "Draco," I say. "Allison, please, it's nothing important. Just family stuff," he argues. "Fine," I concede. I know when to give up on something and clearly this conversation will have to wait for another time.

"Merry Christmas, Draco," I say, leaning on my tiptoes to kiss him on the cheek. "Merry Christmas, Whitley," he says, and I leave the Room of Requirement smiling. I now understand the butterflies I've noticed in my stomach whenever I'm around him this year. I like Draco Malfoy.

***

The Christmas holidays arrive and with it the time to leave Hogwarts. This is my first year since starting at Hogwarts that I'll be going home for Christmas. I was contemplating staying, but with Umbridge around and all my friends gone home, it wouldn't be much fun. So, I made the decision to spend Christmas with my parents and my friends and I have made plans to meet at Michael's house over the weekends.

The ride to King's Cross Station on the Hogwarts Express from Hogsmeade Station is filled with excitement and laughter, as everyone eagerly anticipates seeing their family. My friends and I joke around and chat on the way.

Finally, we arrive at King's Cross and go our separate ways, bidding farewell.

When I get home, it's so great to see the house lit up for the first time at Christmas. It was decorated last year, but since I stayed at Hogwarts, I never saw it. Blue and white lights line the rooftop and there are medium sized Christmas trees in the front also decorated with lights.

When I walk inside the house, I find it artfully decorated, just like it would be in Canada. The only thing that's different is the Christmas tree. It's very tall as usual, but it's only decorated with lights.