Chapter Eleven - Allison

The morning after the Quidditch match against Gryffindor, I hear that Sirius Black was in Gryffindor Tower. It's apparent he escaped unnoticed again because the Dementors are still around. The castle security becomes even tighter in the aftermath. Professor Flitwick teaches the front doors to recognize a large picture of Sirius Black and Filch boards up everything from tiny cracks in the walls to mouse holes.

Another Hogsmeade trip is set for the following weekend and I anticipate it with excitement.

On Saturday morning, we head into Hogsmeade. The day is fine and breezy, so instead of staying in at the Three Broomsticks, we get some bottled Butterbeer and walk around. It's a beautiful day and I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be.

***

After Care of Magical Creatures, we walk back up to the castle with the rest of the class. My friends and I are at the back of the group and ahead of us I can see Harry, Ron, and Hermione talking to Hagrid. Ahead of them is Draco, who's walking with Crabbe, Goyle, and Pansy. They keep looking back, laughing derisively.

When we reach the castle steps Hagrid turns around and hurries back toward his cabin, face bruised in his handkerchief.

As we walk inside, I hear Draco talking. "Have you ever seen anything quite as pathetic? And he's supposed to be our teacher!" Then there's a loud SMACK as Hermione slaps him around the face. He staggers. Everyone stares in shock as Hermione raises her hand again. "Don't you dare call Hagrid pathetic, you foul - you evil -"

"Hermione!" Ron yells weakly, and he tries to grab her hand as she swings it back again. "Get off, Ron!" Hermione pulls out her wand. Draco steps backward. Everyone knows Hermione is the best in our year at spells.

Draco's friends look at him for instructions, thoroughly bewildered by Hermione's boldness. "C'mon," Draco mutters and next moment, they disappear into the passageway to the dungeons.

After their disappearance, we hurry up the marble staircase toward Professor Flitwick's classroom. Flitwick divided everyone into pairs to practice Cheering Charms. Something that is much needed.

Everyone leaves class happier than when they arrived.

***

The Easter holidays aren't as relaxing as the Christmas holidays. We have so much homework, there's no free time left.

The Hufflepuffs and other Ravenclaws, however, aren't as stressed as the Gryffindors and Slytherins. With the Quidditch Final approaching, tension is rising between the two houses. There are constant scuffles and arguments in the hallways, some students even ending up in the Hospital Wing.

The morning of the match, the Gryffindor team enters the Great Hall to enormous applause. The members of the team grin broadly as they see that everyone except for the Slytherins are applauding them. The Slytherin table hisses loudly as they pass. With a quick glance around, I spot Draco sitting with his other teammates. He's looking paler than usual.

The Gryffindor team leaves the Great Hall before anyone else and we applaud them again. "Good luck, Harry!" calls Cho Chang.

A little while later, the rest of the school leaves the Great Hall and spills on to the lawn. We head off to the stands, everyone buzzing with excitement.

When Gryffindor walks out onto the pitch, there's a tidal wave of noise. My friends and I are wearing scarlet rosettes to show our support. Other students are waving scarlet flags with the Gryffindor lion upon them. The Slytherin supporters are wearing green and the silver serpent of Slytherin glitters on their flags.

"And here are the Gryffindors!" yells Lee Jordan. "Potter, Bell, Johnson, Spinnet, Weasleys and Wood. Widely acknowledged as the best side Hogwarts has seen in a good few years -" Lee's comments are drowned by a tide of 'boos' from the Slytherins.