miracles in december- jaehyun

miracles in december- exo

yn

snow was coming down hard, the flakes were huge and falling fast. I was walking, the dumbest idea I could possibly have, because I had to meet jaehyun at the cafe I met him at, 3 years ago.

wind was blowing snow everywhere. i kept my arms wrapped around my body to try to keep warm, but it wasnt exactly working. I walked into the cafe, where grandpa worked, and cleaned off the snow on my boots. when I looked up, I saw jaehyun. a soft look washed over his face, and it was the moment I knew I fell in love with him.

that soft look will always be etched into the back of my mind, its been there for three years.

I walked into the cafe, putting my coat on the coat hanger by the door. I looked around for jaehyun, but didnt see him anywhere. "good evening, yn." grandpa greeted, drying his hands with a towel.

grandpa wasnt exactly my grandpa, I've just been coming here since I was little, and he always told me to call him that, "good evening grandpa," I took my hat off my head, stuffing it into my coat pocket, "have you seen jaehyun? I was supposed to meet him here tonight." I explained.

"ah jaehyun," grandpa chuckled, "he told me that he'd be back in a bit, and if you arrived before he did, to just serve you the usual." grandpa replied.

I smiled and went to sit at the usual table. grandpa gave me my usual order, I thanked him, and he returned to his usual spot behind the counter. i scrolled through my phone once he walked away, waiting for jaehyun. my hopes depleting as I saw the time, it was already thirty minutes past eight.

I heard the bells, at the door, ring and jaehyun was walking in. he wiped his boots on the doormat, then walked over to my table, "hi" he smiled, taking his seat.

"hi" I replied.

"sorry I took so long, I forgot my wallet at home." jaehyun chuckled.

"its okay" I replied, "why did you want to meet up? I thought we were going to have a movie night tonight once you got home."

"because i- uh-" jaehyuns face turned red.

"you're blushing." I teased.

jaehyun sat up, trying to gain confidence to finally say what was on his mind, "yn, when we met here, 3 years ago, and you walked in, I knew we were going to have a future together. and over those three years, I didnt think we would make it this far because I'm always gone, but we've learned to trust each other, and I want to take it a step further." jaehyun explained.

he got up, making his way over my side and kneeling down. I turned to him, my heart picking up in pace, "yn, I wanna give it a try, I want to marry you so I know that we will be together no matter how far away I am. I want to have a family, and I want to be able to brag to the boys about how beautiful my wife is." he reached into his pocket, pulling out a red box, "I want to marry you."

I didnt say anything because I couldnt, I just nodded, covering my face with my hands. jaehyun chuckled at my response and took my left hand in his, putting the ring on my finger.

from afar we could hear grandpa cheering for us.

jaehyun pulled me into a hug, placing a kiss to my head. "i love you, and I cant wait to see you on the day where you're officially mine." jaehyun hummed into my hair, placing another kiss.

#####################