Chapter 8: PT.3

Mulai dari awal

"(Y/n)!" You heard them both call after you.

You ran back to that same room they walked into last night and you went to turn the handle but it was locked, and before you could think, you kicked the door down.

They both shot up from behind the desk, with only a small light focused on some object on a cloth.

"(Y/n)?" Levi cleared his throat and the woman stood up straight. "W-what are you doing here?"

You ignored him, your eyes were locked on the quiet woman.

"Who are you?" You asked her.

"Oh..." she looked at Levi, "I'm Mai. I'm a- a new recruit." She gulped down, nervous.

You chuckled in disbelief. "You really do go for the young recruits don't you?!"

"Woah, (Y/n)... this is not what you think-"

"No? Then tell me..." you now moved closer to Mai, "why is my boyfriend sneaking off around with you... in this room, with the lights off."

"Oh... I-"

"(Y/n), you got the wrong idea." Levi interrupted her and he walked towards you holding you back a bit.

"Oh yeah? then what is going on here?!" You snapped to look at her reaching for whatever was on the desk and she froze.

Your eyes locked on it and you pushed Levi off as he tried to get you to turn away.

"W-what is that?" You pointed at it.

"It's um-" Mai was clearly searching for a lie to tell you.

"It's a ring." Levi finally said and reached out his hand to grab it from Mai.

"Mai's dad is the finest jeweler in the entire district..." your eyes darted between them. "I asked her to get in contact with her father so he can get me a ring to give to you."

Oh...

Oh. Oh no.

Your eyes widened at the ring in his hand. "Lev-"

"If you'll excuse us Mai, we'll be heading out now." Levi turned your body towards the door, his hands resting on your hips and he pushed you forward.

When you walked out of the room, you were going to turn to apologize but he held you in place and he leaned into your ear. "Go get your gear, it's a moonless night."

No.

You turned and saw him walk in the other direction.

No. No. No. You did not want to go up that wall.

You walked very slowly towards the room where all of your gear was. You weren't exactly in a rush to get it, but you knew you couldn't just leave him up there without even talking with him about it.

So many thoughts now flooded your mind as you put on your gear... very... slowly. But one lingered there the most.

Would he leave you if you said no?

You knew you didn't want to get married, you knew how you felt about the whole idea, and nothing could change your mind.

Unfortunately, you were done getting ready, and you dreaded walking towards that wall, but you found yourself moving towards it. After every step you took, you could feel your heart beat faster and faster.

Now looking up at that wall you weren't ready to climb, you shot up and landed to find Levi already standing there looking up at the stars.

"Glad to see you finally made it." He said, still looking up.

You cleared your throat. "Yeah." You cleared it again as your voice cracked.

"Are you okay?" He asked, now finally turning to look over his shoulder at you, and you nodded. "Come sit." He now sat on the edge of the wall, and you joined him, your legs shaking uncontrollably.

You looked up at the stars and could feel yourself getting lost in them, calming you down a bit. "I will never get over how relaxing it is up here." You sighed out, completely forgetting about everything going on right now.

"Aren't you glad I showed you this." And you nodded. "(Y/n)..." He began and you felt your heart sink, finally remembering why you were up here in the first place. "I've been meaning to talk to you about something for a while now." You gulped down. "We've been together for almost a year now... and I can't imagine myself with anyone else but you-"

"No!" You blurted out, now standing.

"No?" He now stood too. "You didn't even know what I was going to say."

"I have a strong feeling I do know..." You ran your shaking hand through your hair, "Levi please, you know how I feel about this... I just, I can't. I really-"

"I know but just listen to me." He cut you off, taking a step closer to you and you shook your head. "(Y/n) I love you." Your breathing grew heavier. "And I will always love you." You took a step back now ready for him to pop that question. "And I do want to marry you." You bit your lip, holding back your tongue to not say anything that might hurt him, but instead you found yourself turning around and heading in the other direction. "(Y/n) W-what are you doing?" You could hear the confusion in his voice. "Did you not hear me? I said I wanted to marry you."

No... No... No...

You continued to walk and you knew he was just staring at you, frozen in place. "(Y/n)?!" And with that you went jumping off the wall and shot for a rooftop.

A/N: HELLLO!! This is a rough chapter but I will try to update the next one as quick as possible!!! But man we really jumped off the wall instead of marrying him...

Anyways I hope you are all enjoying! Ill try my best to update the next chapter by tonight!

-J