Chapter One: Awakening

Here's the first official chapter!

Let me know what you think of all the interactions! It's extremely motivational to have me write more :)

Enjoy!

Chapter One: Awakening

The world around me spun in circles where my eyes couldn't keep up. My vision blurred out of focus as my stomach twisted in all sorts of directions. The sound of scraping metal crashing against the gravel deafened me. Dirt and dust filled my nostrils but I could only smell a metallic scent, followed by oozing liquid along various parts of my body. My skin ripped open, I wanted to scream, but nothing came out. I was muted. All my senses slowly started to fade and I became what I always feared would happen; blank.

The consistency of the high pitched beep replaying in my ears on end, was really starting to get on my nerves. The pattern continued, but every time there was the briefest moment of silence, I falsely hoped for the cycle to break and I'd be left in silence instead.

    With the growing annoyance of the sound, my conscious started to notice other inconveniences. I was abnormally warm; but I felt like I was unthawing from ice. Although my eyes were closed, the light shining against my eyelids was straining them. The air felt stale.

    A quiet screech echoed on the floor beside me. It was a brief noise that ended quickly, but it was enough to raise every hair on my arms and legs.

    I was not here alone.

    Although my body protested it, I slowly opened my eyes, to be met with a ceiling light that has been blinding me the whole time I've been here. I frowned at the speckled pattern on the ceiling. It all looked too familiar.

    Fucking hell, I mentally cursed. The excruciating pain that surrounded my entire body hit me like a train. The mass of the pain was felt at my ribs and head, and slowly travelled down my limbs like spilled liquid.

    I let a gentle cough out, immediately regretting it.

    "Jesus fucking Christ," I familiar voice hushed. "Thank god." The figure stood up and casted a shadow on my blinding light.

    My eyes travelled to his face and that's when I knew I was dreaming.

    "What the fuck were you thinking?" Tyler asked with a dripping tone of fear and guilt.

    I stared at him in disbelief.

    This was a dream. There was no fucking way he was in front of me right now.

    Then the train hit me all over again.

    A wave of memory crashed into me all at once.

    I panicked.

    Where the fuck was I?

    How did I survive? Was I really alive?

    Where was Nash?

    Where was Joey?

    "How long have I been here?" I asked, almost shocked at the rasp in my throat. It's as if I've never been blessed with water before.

    Tyler's eyebrows knit together as he studied my face. I wasn't used to it anymore. "About a month."

    I dipped my head back into my pillow as the disappointment of his answer settled in.

    "How did you know I was here?" I glanced in his direction, the light of the room in general was straining. My eyes were mad at me.

    "I'm your emergency contact," He said, cold.