Chapter 2: The Reunion

Start from the beginning

My office had a desk, a chair, a bookshelf filled with books of different topics and genres, and a window with blinds. On my desk, there was were pictures, my computer, and a calendar. I had pictures of my mom along with my older sister, Monica, and myself. They weren't my biological family, but that didn't matter. To me, they were my family. I also had a picture of my friends, Coulson, Daisy, May, Fitz, Jemma, Mack, Yo-Yo, and of me. I had helped out Coulson and his team in the past on many missions. They had became like a second family to me. I talked to Tyler Hayward about S.H.I.E.L.D. He was skeptical about working with that organization, believing they were a terrorist organization. It took a lot of convincing and a talk with my mom, Maria Rambeau to get the green light.

Unfortunately mom's cancer came back, so I decided to remain on Earth to keep an eye on her. It wasn't easy, especially after Monica vanished along with thousands of others. But mom remained positive like always, reminding me that she'll come back one day...and I believe her. I noticed the small headpiece that Leo and I came up with so the team could all meet up virtually. I glanced over the calendar, checking the date. Today's the day that Coulson and the rest of the team would meet up, virtually. I placed the headpiece and the moment I did, I saw myself in the old speakeasy in New York City, it was Koenig's place that we first found when we traveled back to 1931.

I saw Coulson and Daisy sitting in chairs. I was happy to see them again. It had been a year since I was with the team. Just when we thought we were done with the mission after facing Izel, we were swept from the temple and into the Zephyr, where we went back in time. Now Mack was in charge of S.H.I.E.L.D, while Yo-Yo was leading a S.T.R.I.K.E. team that Piper and a LMD of Davis. May was a professor at Coulson Academy Meanwhile, Daisy, her sister, Kora, and her boyfriend, Daniel Sousa, were in currently in space. They were S.H.I.E.L.D. Commanders and ambassadors for other planets, traveling the universe onboard Zephyr 3, which I helped build along with Fitz. Coulson was taking a break, thinking about what he was going to do next. Fitz and Jemma retired from S.H.I.E.L.D. to spend time with their daughter, Ayla. I don't know why, but that name...Ayla, it sounded very familiar to me. It was very strange...but I kept this to myself. I sat down next to Daisy.

"Nice pick. Who's idea was this?" I questioned.

Coulson gave me a sheepish smile. "Guilty as charged."

At that moment, Yo-Yo appeared, giving us a smile. "Long time no see."

She sat down, taking a seat near Coulson. May then emerged, sitting down next to Coulson and Yo-Yo. "Hi guys."

Fitz and Jemma then emerged, giving us smiles. "Hey."

Jemma sat next to me, while Fitz sat beside her. Jemma looked around in awe. "Well, this is a nice venue. Whose idea was this?"

Coulson raised his hand. I furrowed my brows, glancing around. "Where's Mack?"

"Turtleman is always late." Yo-Yo mentioned.

I snickered. "Some things never change."

"He knows. He'll be here." Coulson assured us.

Mack approached us, wearing a black trench coat like Fury always wore.

"Am I the last one?" Mack asked as he looked around.

May nodded. I confirmed. "Yep."

"Sorry." Mack apologized, sitting down next to Yo-Yo and Fitz. "Ah, there was a situation in Moscow that needed my attention."

"A story worth telling?" Jemma inquired.

Mack wore a sheepish smile. "Well, it's, uh...it's classified."

Jemma nodded. "Of course."

"You enjoying the new digs?" Daisy questioned.

"Oh yeah, yeah. It's nice. You know, it's..." Mack trailed off. "But after all those years in hallways, uh, I'm just not used to having a view."