🌟 P E M 🌟

"OH MY GOD! ARE YOU PEMBROKE STANTON?" I whipped my head around to see a tiny brunette who was behind me in the checkout line, coving her mouth as she shrieked.

Fuck!! I forgot I didn't have a disguise on.

Vance immediately grabbed the pile of items I had in my arms, while Ezra took hold of my elbow and pulled me out of the store.

Shit! What was I thinking? I hope to hell word doesn't get out that I'm here, the paparazzi will be combing the streets by sundown if they think they found me. 

They can't find out that I'm at The Centre either, my career will take a major blow if they think I've been institutionalized. I gotta get ahold of Cindy, she'll know what to do!

I reached for my phone, but realized it was in the trash, broken beyond repair. She's probably been trying to get ahold of me, I'm surprised she didn't hunt me down and show up at the detox clinic.

Once inside the car I took a deep breath.
"Ezra, has my management team called?" My voice shaky from the adrenaline.

"Um...oh yeah, some woman named Cindy has been hounding Vance, not sure what it's about, you'll have to talk to him about it."

I exhaled a sigh of relief, at least she knew I was still here.

Vance returned a few minutes later with the bags of clothes, "Guys, I think she's going to try to follow us, I'm going to drive around for awhile. Just sit back and relax you two, this may take awhile.

⚫️ J A C E ⚫️

"Okay, I'll tell them," Connor just hung up the phone, his brow furrowed in concern.

We were all sitting in the living room, waiting for Vance, Ez, and Pem to get back home, it was taking longer than anticipated so Connor rang Ez to get their E.T.A.

"Guys, it looks like Pem's been spotted," Connor sighed as he ran his hands through his glossy black hair. "They stopped at a clothing store for Pem and  some random fangirl recognized him. Vance thinks they might be followed, so he's gonna drive to the next town over to shake them."

Fuck! This can't be good.

Groans of worry were being thrown around the room.

— — — —

It was dark when they returned home, Vance explained that they were being followed but lost the car in the town over, then just to be sure, they went to another few towns over so Pem could be spotted far away from here. It would look like he was just passing through on his way to somewhere else.

He seemed confident that the plan worked, that's all that mattered to me.

I watched Pem while Vance was talking, he held his head high, defiance shooting out of his beautiful brown eyes. He refused to acknowledge me, he would answer questions and talk to the other boys but he blatantly ignored me.

Milo sent me a sympathetic look but I couldn't accept it, I slumped back on the couch and looked to the floor while continuing to listen to the conversation around me.

What do I have to do? I need to talk to him, to apologize. Maybe after dinner, yeah after dinner I'll pull him aside and try to get through to him.

I was in the middle of amping myself up for the upcoming confrontation when I heard Pem's voice.

"Guys, I think I should just go to another facility. I wouldn't feel right having to put you through all of this bullshit," he sighed as he dragged his hands up his face and through his perfectly messy hair. "Being a celebrity is great but this is the not so great part. You don't want to get caught up in all of this...not for me anyway..." his voice trailed of.

There was protests throughout the room.

"I think it's what best, anyway, this place isn't going to work out for me. I don't think I'm a good fit here," he squared his shoulders, daring someone to say anything in opposition, "I won't gain anything from being here."

"No," I calmly said.

His eyes instantly landed on mine, a fire lit behind them.

"You're not leaving Pembroke, you're staying and we'll deal with whatever...together," My voice steady, unwavering.

He leaned forward in his chair, "You," he pointed a trembling finger at me, "have no say in what I do!"

"Really? Because I think we both know that's a lie," I shot back, my shoulders pulled forward, chin jutted out as I stared into his eyes.

I wanted him to notice me, I wanted any type of reaction from him, as long as it was pointed in my direction.

"That ship sailed years ago, Jace, you don't hold that power over me," he lowered his gaze, "not anymore..." he trailed off.

Oh yes I do, and you, sweet baby, just proved it.

The room was dead silent, all eyes on me as my eyes were on Pem and his were on the floor.

"Look me in the eye and tell me you want to leave," my voice low, authoritative.

I didn't want to resort to this, but it's the only way I can think of to get him to stay.

"Nnn...no," he whispered.

"Look me in the eye, Pem," I growled.

"I...I...can't," he stuttered out.

"Now," my voice so low, it vibrated out of me.

He whimpered as he involuntarily met my gaze.

Finally!

"Stay, I need you to stay," I demanded.

🌟 P E M 🌟

He always had control of me. Even back when we were teenagers, he owned me.

And now everyone here knew that. The submissive, pathetic human being that I am.

As I stared into his eyes, as bright as the sky, a tear slipped down from my own. I couldn't look away. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't even move, I didn't want to move. He held me prisoner in those eyes.

"Jace," Vance's low and warning voice sliced the air around us, but not in-between. Nothing could penetrate the hold Jace had on me.

"Stay," he mouthed to me.

He didn't even have to say it again, I was never going to leave him, I couldn't.

I faintly nodded, no one but Jace would've caught it.

With that, he broke the string that tethered us together by averting his gaze to Vance and leaning back in his seat.

I exhaled, able to breathe again.

Vance stood up abruptly, "Jace, my office! NOW!"