1. He Hates My Guts

⚫️ J A C E ⚫️

"Cool it, lover boy," I frowned as I stood up and pulled Fox off of Bryce's lap by his narrow waist. His lithe body was straddling Bryce's muscular one while they were making out and heavily grinding on each other. I'm not gonna lie, it was a pretty hot image to see and any other given day I would encourage a trip to the bedroom, but at this very moment, Vance and Ezra were outside greeting the new resident. Someone I never would have imagined seeing again, especially not here.

Fifteen minutes ago Vance called a group meeting and broke the news that someone new was coming. This was the first time Vance ever warned the arrival of a new boy. He said it wasn't for our benefit, it was to help ease the new guy into the house.

When he said it was Pembroke Stanton, I almost pissed my pants. Not only is he the new and upcoming actor that everyone is raving about, but he's from my home town. He's the kid brother of my childhood best friend. But before I could get out that I knew the kid, the gate bell went off and Vance was pulling Ezra out of the door to be the welcome committee.

Vance told us not to bring up Pembroke's celebrity status and to just treat him like anyone else. But how is that possible, he's not like everyone else, at least not to me!

Fox had to deal with all of his blasts from the past; I guess it's my turn now.

The guys were so excited, that's how Fox came to be on Bryce's lap. First of all, those two can't keep their hands off each other on any normal day. Secondly, you add Pembroke Stanton to the equation, the hottest little ass in the acting world right now, and Bryce and Fox got a little carried away. I can't say that I blame them, Pembroke's a far cry away from the scrawny little kid that I remember him as from all those years ago, but I'm freaking the fuck out right now.

I walked over to the window and pulled back the curtain just enough so I could see out. Vance and Ezra's broad backs were blocking him from view, all I could see were a pair of, most likely very expensive, cognac brown leather lace up boots next to Louis Vuitton luggage.

I moved away from the window and blew out a breath of air as I crashed down on the couch next to Milo, with my hands covering my face I burrowed my head, face down, into Milo's lap.

"Whats going on Jace? You're not acting like your usual self," Milo questioned as he ran his fingers through my hair.

"Yeah, Jace, you would normally be smirking and making inappropriate jokes, especially with Pembroke Stanton showing up at our door," Bryce's one eyebrow lifted. Fox was back to sitting on his lap but face forward now, which I didn't love, but at least their tongues were disconnected.

I hastily sat up, "Pem," I pointed outside, while intensely looking into Bryce's blue eyes, "is the kid brother to my childhood best friend."

"Oh my God! You know him!" Wren clapped excitedly next to Zane, who currently had his shirt lifted up past his taught abs and was rubbing ointment on one of his newest tattoo's of a polar bear who represented Ezra.

I held my one hand up to quiet Wren down, "He was a little shit back then, not sure what he's like now, but his brother and I tortured that kid. He probably hates my guts," my face turned into a grimace as my hands covered it again in embarrassment.

"Jaaaaace!" Milo squealed out next to me, making me jump back in my seat, "that's old news, you're perfect, he's going to love you!!"

The whole room exploded into a cacophony of noise. Everyone talking over each other, telling me how much they loved me and how wonderful I am.

I appreciated it, I really did, but my stomach refused to unknot itself at the thought that the little dweeb of a kid that I grew up with, was now all grown up and fuckin' sexy to boot, standing in my driveway and talking to my boyfriends.

⚫️ V A N C E ⚫️

I told the boys to act normal, but I could hear them all the way out here in the driveway!

I noticeably felt Ezra's body stiffen next to me at the realization that the boys were shouting inside.

Pembroke craned his neck to see around us, but I shifted over to block his view and thwart his attention from inside the rambunctious house.

"We're so glad to have you, Pembroke, how was your flight?" Ezra asked, his deep voice purred out, a blatant attempt to stall going into the house.

We chatted for a few minutes and when the lull in conversation was too much to bear, I knew we had to make our way inside.

I picked up his heavy, and very full suitcase with one hand while holding out my other hand towards the steps, an indication for him to follow Ezra up the stairs. I saw his shoulders instantly square and his chin lift up at the motion.

Looks like we've got ourselves a fighter here.

With a wink and smile to Ezra as I passed, I opened the front door to welcome Pembroke into his new home.

🌟 P E M B R O K E 🌟

If they think that I came to this place without using my heavily endowed bank account to hire a private investigator beforehand, they are sorely mistaken.

The PI handed me a thin envelope before I caught my flight and while up in the air I took the time to thoroughly review its contents.

It was negligible to say the least, I might as well have thrown the five thousand dollars out the window with as little information I was given.

A simple Google search would have probably given me better results than what was in this flimsy folder.

But, he did come through with one thing I couldn't have been able to dig up on the internet, pictures. I now knew everyone who was going to be at The Centre, and to my horrified realization, Jace, my brothers childhood best friend and my personal tormentor was a resident in this very institution.

I almost walked off the plane and bought another ticket straight back home, if it weren't for the dozens of text messages from Cindy at my management firm, demanding that I better be on my way to The Centre or risk career suicide.

So, with suitcase in tow, I hopped into a cab and planned to act like I didn't recognize Jace when I got there. I would act like I had fucking amnesia if I had to. Anything to not be humiliated like the puny teenager I was when I had the biggest crush on him and he laughed at me for even existing.

With everything else that's going on in my life, this is the last  thing I need. I refuse to go down without a fight!