One More Chance

"We are all behind you, don't be scared," Kevin says encouragingly to Charity. She is at the venue for the open mic, finally getting ready to take to the stage. After everything that has happened over these past few months, Charity wanted to ensure that she got Adam the promotion that he was so desperately hoping for. In spite of what took place between them she wants to make him happy, knowing that he is still heartbroken over their breakup, she is almost certain that she will never see him again. Wishing she could take back everything that she said to him when they saw each other last. "I am so proud of you," Pale gushes as he cuddles her from behind. He is looking very dapper for the evening in a navy suit, his hair freshly cut, he looks a million bucks. Charity is dressed to the nines wearing a black sparkly Charleston style dress, her hair in loose waves framing her sweetheart face and black peep toe platform heels. "Thank you for being here tonight, dad. I just hope I can do the song justice for you," she smiles, turning to face him. "You don't have to worry about that. You sound amazing and I have no doubt in my mind that if Adam was here, he would love it too," he replies, his eyes narrowing, trying to read her thoughts. "I miss him, dad," she sniffs, suppressing the hard lump that has formed in her throat. "I know, still haven't heard?" He asks, empathetically. She shakes her head, staring at the mic, the nerves starting to get to her. "Once he gets word of his promotion, then he will move heaven and earth to speak to you, I promise," Pale reassures as he rubs her back. "We will see," Charity smiles weakly as the announcer calls her name. "All the best my baby girl, I love you!" He exclaims as Kevin pulls him away and down the steps towards the audience.

As Charity walks out and observes the crowd, the first thing she notices is Anna sat at the very front with Burton's wife sat beside her. As soon as Anna realizes that it's Charity, she instantly smiles, waving up at her. She never thought Anna would come to see her here, it means so much. Charity was almost certain that Anna wouldn't turn up, she wishes she could run over and give her a massive hug. She looks frantically for Pale to see if he has clocked on, surprisingly he is nowhere to be found. Once he sees her he will be over the moon, it's been nearly three months since she left and her presence here tonight will make his day, maybe even his whole life. The band starts playing the tune and Charity takes a deep breath in, absorbing all the positive vibes to give the best performance that she can. She looks over at Anna as she starts singing the song for her and Pale.

Every second counts

I don't wanna talk to you anymore, and

All these little games

You can call me by the name I gave you

Yesterday, yeah

Every minute counts

I don't wanna watch TV anymore, yeah

Can you figure me out?

Just doin' this to waste more time on the couch

Can you see me? I'm waiting for the right time

I can't read you but, if you want, the pleasure's all mine

Can you see me using everything to hold back?

I guess this could be worse

Walking out the door with your bags

As Charity belts out the heartfelt tune written by Pale, she is shocked as he takes to the stage with a female dancer. They dance together, swaying to the song. To Charity it looks like a rhumba routine. She stares down at Anna, hoping that in some way Pales elaborate plan will work some sort of magic on her.