Labels

The next morning at breakfast there is a sombre mood amongst them all, especially between Larry and Pale. "What time is your flight?" Adam asks in a pleasant tone. "4:30," Pale replies sternly, pouring orange juice into his glass. "How was your night?" Larry asks Charity, raising his eyebrows. He knows full well what happened as she messaged him when Adam was in the shower, filling him in on all the action from last night and this morning. She's still riding on cloud nine, Adam is very selfless and attentive in the sex department and they had a cheeky quickie before they headed to breakfast. "Did you shag her?" Pale asks abruptly. "Dad!" Charity exclaims, looking at Adam apologetically. "What, I'm only asking. Judging by your reaction I would say that you fucked his brains out all night and morning, huh?" Pale says smugly. "That's it, I've had it with you!" Larry says through gritted teeth, pointing at him. "I knew you would pipe up," Pale sighs, putting his hands behind his head. "No, I'm not allowing you to do this anymore. I am very sorry that your wife is ill and she's asked for a divorce but you don't need to take it out on the people who are closest to you. I never booked this for me and Tony, this vacation was for you," Larry huffs, as Pale sits back in his chair speechless. "If I were you I would stop acting like some lovelorn Bruce Wayne wannabe vampire and I would fight for her. God knows she is worth it, so worth it. Take my advice and stop being an arsehole!" Larry spits at him and walks off to the reception area. Charity looks at Pale, he's fiddling with his cutlery lost in deep thought. As much as he hates to admit it Larry is dead right, who gives a shit what Anna and her lawyer say, she's his wife and he's got to fight for her and his marriage. "I'm going to get ready for my flight, I'll catch you guys later," Pale says softly, leaving abruptly. For what could have been a fun vacation this has turned out to be the seventh circle of hell. Adam and their budding relationship is the only silver lining in the heavy dark cloud. "I really think he needed to hear that," Adam says, stroking her hand. "Yeah, I just wish that we could of all had a nice time. At least we are here for another few days," Charity smiles at him, grateful that her unconventional family hasn't put him off of her. "Are you sure you want to stay here all alone with me?"He whispers seductively, leaning close to her. She grazes her lips over his, biting down gently. "I don't know you could be some weird stalker type," she laughs, tickling his neck. "If I was a stalker I would stalk the fuck out of you. I'd install cameras all over your apartment, to keep an eye on you. Proper voyeurism," he growls, as his hand slowly slides up her back. "Stop making me jealous, you two," Larry smirks as he returns to the table. Charity and Adam quickly spring apart and carry on eating their breakfasts. "You okay?" Charity asks, reaching over and rubbing his hand. "To see you smile for the first time in ages makes me okay," he responds, kissing her cheek. "He is so out of order," Charity tuts, shaking her head. "Love, he has every right to be angry. But one thing I won't stand for is him sitting here feeling sorry for himself, if anyone could give him the reality check that he was gagging for it was me," Larry points to himself proudly. Charity smiles at him thinking that they all have no idea how detrimental Larry is in their lives. He is the guy everyone needs but you don't always appreciate it. Bless him, the temperature here is very mild and Larry is walking around in his denim shorts, white vest top and flip flops. "Do you really have to go home today, too?" Adam asks pulling a sad face. "I'm afraid so, but I'm glad y'all are staying on though. It's about time that one of us got laid," he mutters under his breath glancing up at the two of them. Charity can feel her cheeks turning the colour of a beetroot. Downing his coffee Larry gives them both a cheeky wink, grabs his phone and makes his way back to the room for the last time. With any luck Pale has made himself scarce, he thinks to himself, hoping that he can enjoy the last couple of hours before heading back to the Big Apple. He puts the keycard in the lock and sees Pale as soon at the door swings open. He is on the edge of the bed staring at something on his phone, Larry decides to keep quiet for now and maybe check out the hot tub. "On our last night out together before all this shit happened, she met me outside the subway. I was on my way home from work and when I saw her it was like a charge of electricity running through me. She didn't see me at first as I walked towards her, I was able to watch her doing something on the phone which you know as well as I do that she was always attached to. She'd just had her hair cut and as ever I thought she looked phenomenal. She saw and sashayed towards me, Anna could never just walk anywhere, and with that megawatt smile she produced a peanut butter and jelly sandwich from her hand bag which she had brought because she thought I would be hungry. I don't know what to do anymore, Larry. It's almost like she's dead and I'm grieving a loss. She was the tiny part of Robbie that I had left and now she's gone," Pale stutters, hanging his head, fighting back the tears with all his might. "Pale doll, she's still the same old Anna. We've just got to reassure her that nothing has changed and she is still our girl. We cannot let the Alzheimer's beat her, we're going to go home and get your wife back. What do you say mister?" Larry asks, staring him down with determination. "Let's fucking do this!" Pale exclaims, looking into Larry's eyes with the same boldness.