"Kane.. she's human... she got here this morni-"

I grab him by the neck and hold him above ground, my anger was coming off in waves, Dex had full control of my body and was making it hard for me to take it back.

I couldn't help myself from growling at his comment 'she's human' humans are weak... but- as soon as the thought came to mind, I got a stabbing pain in my chest.

Lucas is thrashing at my hold and I release him, cursing my wolf back, snapping at Dex for doing whatever the fuck he wants. and because we've had no mate he can freely do as he pleases, fucking fantastic for my anger getting the best of me.

I rub my hands down my face and squint my eyes, my senses are flooded by her smell, her heavenly smell, it's suffocating me at this moment. 

I needed to see her, I need proof.. I need to know she's actually real with my own two eyes.

"You need to calm down Alpha. You will scare her if you show up like this." Lucas growls out at me, making me glance at him on the floor where I dropped him. Suddenly annoyed by how I treated him.

"Shit Lucas, fucking Dex doing whatever the fuck he wants since... and now a human mate?" I ramble on unable to stop. "Is..." I clear my throat nervously to the question I'm about to ask. 

"Is she safe?"

"Kane, she's with Amanda." He says grinning as he walks over to me and pats me on the back. 

"She's a bit shaken up, some.. er issues made her come a day early.. she's staying with us. She's staying here in Deepwater."

She's staying?

There was so much to learn- to find out, the day was here and I didn't know how to process any of the words going out of Lucas's mouth.

When did she get here? Where's she from? What things?

I want to shout for all to hear me that I have a mate! But I just nod, so much was running through my head that I couldn't think straight, only one thing I want to do right now and that's to go to her.

I have a mate. 

I have a human mate.

She's real and she's here.

I should feel sad, some emotion that made me hate the fact she wasn't my species, but the thought never came, it washed away the moment I found out she's minutes from my reach, my gaze... fuck.

"I want to meet her." I say confidently. 

My body was ready for this, itching to go to her, but my mind was in complete freak out, I was nervous- I'm never nervous.

I need to shower, dress nice... shit, what do I wear? What color is her favorite? I feel my back sweat with how much I'm freaking out internally. 

Dex and I never thought this day would actually come.

We've traveled everywhere to search for our mate... turning 18 it was all I wanted to do, find my mate, rule the pack together as Alpha and Luna, have pups.. many years went by and those around me whispering how I don't have a mate, at 30 I went into depression and stopped looking for her.

It made me and my wolf distant, blaming each other for how we couldn't find our mate, hating everyone who found their soulmate. 

It left me bitter for years and I hated being around anyone who had a mate, they had theirs and I was running out of time to find mine.

Eventually making it hard for pack members to make eye contact with me, they feared me. I hated myself, I fought packs, ruled with an iron fist and an iron heart, having no mate made things easier, like going to war with packs, I never had to worry about anyone but yourself.