Stepping out of the shower and onto the marble floor, the water drips down my leg created a puddle by my foot. I slip on the liquid and almost collide with the floor when I reach for my towel, thankfully, I gripped hold of the sink. In desperate need of fresh air, I change into a pair of blue ripped skinny jeans and a white hoodie that I found in Kyle's room, along with black old skool vans and lock the apartment's front door.

It must've been hours that I have just been strolling around in circles, grabbing a coffee and some food with the money I found in the front pocket of Kyle's hoodie. I wouldn't know exactly how long I've been out since my dumbass doesn't own a watch, and Ryder is still in control of my phone. I wonder what everyone else is up to right now, if they've realised what happened.

As I walk back into the apartment through it's big, white front door, my all-nighter begins to hit me. I check the clock and finally am able to read the time. It's only 11 in the morning, so I toss the apartment keys into the blue glass bowl on the marble kitchen table and head back to my room. I fall onto the plush bed, not bothering to change or to even take my shoes off and I fall into a deep sleep.

I wake up with a racing heart and tears pouring from my eyes. I pull the sleeves of the white hoodie over my hands and wipe over my tear stained cheeks, collecting the salty liquid in the cotton material. I only remember one thing from my sleep and it was Dominic's glossy green eyes staring into my soul. This time, he wasn't so fortunate.

Heat builds up inside me as I think of Ryder. The fact that I don't know if he did it or not frustrates me most. I don't even know if I'm able to trust him or not. And if he wasn't the one who did it, then where is he? Why hasn't he come to see me?

I stand up and realise that my shoes are off and placed neatly against the wall. ear the door, I'm more than certain that when I fell asleep then I was t wearing them. Which means somebody must have been in here. I shrug it off, imagining that it's just Kyle, and walk towards the light switch.

Once I switch the flip and the light flickers on, something resting on my bed catches my eye.

Laying on the bed is probably the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. It's covered with glitter and its gold. It's loose at the front so the material hangs from my boobs and drapes over my body. A gold chain wraps around my neck and falls on my chest like a necklace. On top of it lays a note written in cursive and black ink.

You looked beautiful last night but I can't wait to see you in this.
It's still your birthday.
Be ready by 8.

The note wasn't signed by anyone so I just assumed it was from Ryder. I hop into the shower again and begin to get ready.

It's nearly 8 and I'm ready. I'm wearing a full face of makeup with red lipstick, and the gorgeous dress which I paired with black stilettos and a black bag. I make sure to bring my own bag with me this time.

I walk out of my room and notice another note laying on the kitchen table with the same cursive handwriting, and the same thick black ink

The driver is waiting for you outside.
He knows where to go.

Once again, the notice isn't signed.

Letting out a deep rooted sigh, I can't help but feel a slight bit of guilt through my excitement. I should be with Dominic right now, he needs me. I shouldn't be out celebrating my birthday with god knows who, probably the same man who almost killed him.

I step outside, trying my hardest not to trip over my heels and I walk down to the driver.

Once I reach the car, the driver opens the door for me and I step inside, taking a seat at the edge. The driver walks around the the front of the car and takes a seat in the drivers seat. He begins the car and drives without saying a single word.

Before I know it, the car is stopped outside one of the best nightclubs in all of New York City. This is where I originally planned to go for my birthday but someone had booked the VIP lounge for that night. I smile widely while cautiously stepping out of the car and head inside.

I look around the crowd for anyone I might know. I still have no idea who put the letter out for me.

No luck.

I look up towards the VIP lounge and sure enough, Cole and Cheryl are making out on the balcony, gripping the gold railings of it. I begin to rush up the stairs, "hey birthday girl!" Cheryl yells excitedly, breaking her one on one with Cole. I wave back at her before Cole pulls her back and they are back in default mode. Once I'm through the glass doors, I look around and recognise a stream of people, including Kyle, Carter, Nora, and... Dominic?

I rush over, pushing through the crowd, which consisted of a few friends from school, Matt, and some of Kyle's friends that I've only met a handful of times.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" everyone screams, making me jump, as glitter confetti bursts through the air vents and falls down like drizzling diamond rain. The lights turn off and music begins to blast through the speakers. I wipe a fake smile across my face for everyone's cameras and blow out the twenty candles from the black and gold cake.

With the music still blasting and the lights still on, I storm up to Dominic and grab him by the arm. I notice him wince and I instantly let go, flashing him an apologetic smile.

I gesture for him to follow me and he does so. We walk out to the large outdoor balcony and march all the way to the end of it.

It's like a whole outdoor floor.

"I see you got my letters" he grins. "Didn't you almost die last night?" I question him honestly. "Yeah" he answers, like it's that simple.

I give him a 'shut-the-fuck-up' look as I proceed to ask, "why are you here? I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm glad that you are, but shouldn't you be at home?"

"It's your birthday" he replies with a huge smirk plastered across his face, as if that was the answer to all my questions. I roll my eyes and give him a light hug, making sure I don't hurt him again.

He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer and holding me tight. "I'm okay now, don't worry. You don't have to handle me like I'm a broken toy. I've been through much worst." He whispers in my ears, sending a shiver down my spine and awakening the butterflies in my stomach. The butterflies that I thought had died a long, long time ago.

With his words, I hug him even tighter and breathe in his scent. It's so different from Ryder's. Dominic smells like a mixture of an outrageously expensive cologne, the sea and mint. Three things I love.

Dominic doesn't carry the rotten cigarette or overly pungent cologne smell like Ryder does. I wish this moment could last forever.