"do you hear it?" jeongguk asked once again and taehyung sat up a little, so he could look up to jeongguk. "i do." he whispered.

jeongguk eyed taehyung fondly, moving his hand up to tuck a small strand of his hair behind his ear. "i love you, taehyung. you are the cause of this." he said, pointing to his heart. "there's no one who can do that to me besides you. no one who i love more or as much as i love you."

he takes taehyung's hand in his, moving it to his lips, where he pressed a featherlight kiss to his knuckles. still straddling jeongguk's lap, taehyung looked into his eyes, finding the whole galaxy reflecting in them.

now taehyung felt nothing more but dumb. jeongguk let his whole guard down for him, he changed for the better through him, he risked his life for him, got hurt for him, did everything for taehyung to be happy, to be contented, live comfortably.

and he deadass dares to questions jeongguk's love to him.

"i-i'm so sorry, i-i love you, jeon— i'm so dumb—

taehyung let a surprised sound out, when his next words got swallowed by a pair of lips on his own. jeongguk kissed him softly, with no shown demand, but the wish for taehyung to shut up and stop apologizing.

hesitantly, the younger kissed back, eventually scooting closer to jeongguk, as he succumbed to the feeling of love and comfort.

jeongguk was the first to cut off. he opened his eyes, only to find a tear running down taehyung's cheek and brushed it away.

"why are you apologizing and... how come a question like that ran through your mind? have i done something?" never before had taehyung felt a colder shiver run down his spine than now.

in the end the truth will always find its way to the surface, so maybe speaking out his concerns was the right decision to make now.
"if i tell you, promise me you won't be mad..."

jeongguk tilted his head confused, raising his eyebrow and taehyung gulped. it was a hot move, seriously, but it was making taehyung only more nervous because jeongguk looked so demanding. well, shit.

he just sighed. "is it... alright if i talk about jaehee?"

taehyung felt jeongguk tense up by that, the older male's expression got even more confused. "you know her?"

taehyung nodded softly "jin hyung had told me a lot about her."

jeongguk took a shallow breath. "why do you want to talk about her?"

taehyung looked down, regretting that he started this topic now. the two were still sitting in the car, on the side of a street, taehyung straddling the older's lap. he didn't know what to do, he suddenly felt so nervous and dumb, he just started playing with the hem of jeongguk's shirt, trying to distract himself.

"i'm really sorry that she isn't here anymore" he started, feeling jeongguk tense even more. was he doing the right thing? "and i don't know how she was and the way jin hyung described her, she was an amazing person, you loved her a lot, she was your everything ." taehyung continued looking down and playing with jeongguk's shirt, while the older listened to him, with a confused look and mixed feelings.

he really didn't understand what taehyung has to do with jaehee.

"i'm kinda scared... that you still love her more than me."

jeongguk raised an eyebrow by that, leaning back. "what do you mean?" taehyung shuddered, just wanting to cry again, because jeongguk's voice was so deep and for the first time since a month, he was scared of him again.

"i'm sorry... i just maybe... want to let it go now. you are always so easily irritated when someone mentions her and you... keep mentioning her name in sleep and i don't know, it makes me feel... suffocated. i hate to be this person.." taehyung cursed at himself for acting like a toxic boyfriend.