Her worried momma's voice comes out at times like this. "Oh my go, what happened? Of-course.... LUCAS COME HERE... wait one moment sora... no of.. no its Sora! Where are you, Sora? Lucas is coming to pick you up!" Her panicked sweet voice rushes out.

Relaxing at her concern for me has a lump stuck in my throat, when was the last time someone cared this much about me? Tom never acted like this with me, not even once.

I give her the name of the street and café I'm at, nervous at how laid back she is about me being here out the blue a day early without a reason why. But Amanda knows something is up, she always does, I'm really lucky to still have her in my life.. I don't know what I would do without her.

I've never met Lucas before, but from what I know, he makes her incredibly happy. 

Photos of them together were always sent to me from different occasions.. from the wedding I couldn't make, to birthdays I couldn't get time off from painting to celebrate.. I know from where I failed as a best friend Lucas was there to make her happy, and she is happy, it was almost like they were made for each other.

Meeting Lucas on summer vacation to marrying the guy a month later and they're still happily married, and now with a son.

I'm happy for her, she really deserves every piece of happiness she got.

A trunk honk startles me from where I sit outside. Glancing up, I see a man coming out from a big red truck, I recognize the man instantly, that is definitely Lucas from the photos Amanda sent me.

He's buff, huge actually.

So this is Lucas... I'll admit, I'm a little nervous.

He had pulled back dirty blonde hair and light stubble on his chin. He was definitely working out lifting freaking trucks or something. 

This guy was ripped, people sat around me in the café I'm currently at are staring at him in wonder and whisper quietly amongst themselves when he comes and stands in front of me grinning.

"Sora?" He asks, a shy humorous smile spreads across his face.

I nod my head but I didn't get a chance to say anything as he brings me into a bone-crushing hug.

HUGE.

CRUSHING ME..

"Oompf!"

"Oh! Sorry, it's just so nice to finally meet the famous Sora! Amanda never stops talking about you and your college days." He releases me grins at my luggage. "You sure packed a lot for a weekend." His eyebrows raise up.

Um.

I cough nervously and avoid eye contact with him. Shit. 

This is so awkward.

"I actually.. I.. um, I- it's a long story.." I mumble out trying not to let my emotions surface with all these people around.

Dammit, I'm not crying in front of him.

I was tired, too tired, but the small bit of pride I had left in me refused to fall around someone I didn't know, let alone Amanda's husband.

He stares at me, worry plastered on his face, before he could say anything I interrupt him.

"It's nice to meet you too." I force a smile and laugh. "It's so nice and peaceful here!" I try not to let my voice sound nervous. He is very intimidating with his build and looks. A freaking tree trunk of a man, what is he 6'4?

"Oh!" He smiles wide at me and starts the truck, my suitcases are in the back and he started the truck. He catches me looking around the empty quiet town as I sit in the truck.