𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡

Start from the beginning

But that was something he wasn't ready to admit to himself. He can't have himself acting like a love-struck youngling just because this Jedi was pretty, just because she talked sweet to him. After all she talked sweet to everyone, he wasn't someone special to her, and he had to realize that.

"I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long Mando." Asora asked as she approached the two, leaving the inn with a small wave behind her, a childish grin on her lips as she looked up at him, meeting his eye line.

The Mandalorian stiffly shook his head in disagreement, moving past her towards the dock where the contact was without another word.

The two made their way across the docks quickly, their interaction with the contact was straightforward, the three of them settling onto the ship as swiftly as possible. They stood at the edge of the ship looking off at the water quietly as the workers around them busied themselves with their fishermen duties.

"I don't like him." The Mandalorian stated, his helmet facing forward to avoid the confrontation of the conversation he was beginning.

"You don't say?' Asora joked lightly, giving him a soft half smile as she looked over towards him for a moment, her eyes returning to the sea as she spoke.

"Why don't you?"

"I just don't."

Asora nodded at the comment, her gaze still completely fixated on the ocean in front of her as she thought of a response, the wind blowing past the two harshly.

There wasn't a reason for him not to like Elias, but at this point, from what she knew of Mando he usually had his own reasons for not liking someone. Whether he'd like to talk about it or not, his reasons were usually founded.

"I understand."

"How could you? You love him." The Mandalorian barked back, turning his helmet to look at her, gauging her reaction. Did she still have an attachment? did she still care?

"Of course, I do. Elias' is like a brother to me, but as easily as I can love him, I can let him go... If attachment is your worry, concern yourself elsewhere."

The Mandalorian shook his head at her words, confused to say the least. How could she love someone and yet be so willing to let them go, was she that heartless? Did she care so little?

"Fine." He breathed out, the comment coming out harsher than he intended, leaving the conversation sore, and unfinished.

"Good."

"You ever see a mamacore eat?.. Quite a sight."

The three of them glanced over towards the Quarren fisherman, the group quiet at his statement, neither of them particularly keen on the idea.

"You should take a look. Come on over here. Get a good view. Let the kid see." The three hesitantly moved towards the gate below them, standing at the edge of the opening to get a good view of the mamacore.

"All right, close enough." Mando urged as he held his hand out towards Grogu, stopping him before he got too close to the danger below them.

Asora gave a few glances around the boat, her eyes travelling over the workers and the Quarren man to the left of her. Her hands moved closer to the sabers that sandwiched her hips as she moved forward as a safety precaution. 

She was not particularly fond of the company they had acquired in order to find the Mandalorians they were searching for. Something about the group was off, the energy on the ship made her slightly uncomfortable.

She watched as the gate below opened, the fishing net moving above it, opening to drop dozens of fish into the open pool of water. As quickly as the fish dropped into the pool it began bubbling, streams of commotion under the water signaling towards the creatures oncoming entrance.