𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐡

All she could see, or feel was darkness

All she could see, or feel was darkness. She was enveloped by it, becoming it.

She tried running, but it never wavered, then she saw it. A small glimmer of red, she ran to it, calling out to it.

"Hello?" She called out, but nothing called back.

The closer she got the stronger she felt it. The negative emotions, attachments, hate, anger, fear and pain. It was all around her, pulling her towards the searing red light.

Once she reached the light she looked down at the wielder of it.

With a flash it faded and there he stood, dark robes, yellow eyes, the previously ignited red saber in hand.

"Grogu?" she asked, kneeling down to touch him, to hold him, to look in his hateful eyes.

It couldn't truly be him, could it?

"You did this." He growled

As their eyes connected, he plunged his red saber into her.

A loud gasp left her lips as she awoke.

She frantically looked around the room, her eyes adjusting to the dimly lit area quickly, "where am I?"

Cara came rushing out of the nearby room into the hallway, "Hey, hey it's ok, you're okay." Asora nodded frantically her gaze lingering on Cara a moment before looking around the hallway, "how long was I out?" she asked as she turned back to Cara.

"A half hour, surprised you woke up this quick to be honest." She smiled at her then gestured to scenery around them.

"We are in the tunnels, outside the Covert." Asora nodded at the information, her brain still processing everything that had happened.

"How-how did I get here?" she asked softly.

Before Cara could answer the sound of incoming troopers rung throughout the tunnels.

Asora sighed, pulling her lightsaber out, not yet igniting it but readying herself to do so.

She followed the droid's lead as it left the room across from them. She walked with it, igniting her saber to block the shots directed at the robot as it gunned them down.

Once they disengaged she retracted her sabers blade and hooked it to her belt again, leaning against the wall nearest to them to take a moment to muster up some energy.

No wonder Grogu passed out when he healed Greef, it was exhausting to use the force in such a way. A form she would have to familiarize herself with later.

As she caught her breath the Mandalorian, Greef and Cara joined the droid ahead of her, the Mandalorian stopping for a moment.

He looked over to where she was previously laying then around him, searching for her until their eyes connected, he walked over quickly.